• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do arrest warrants ever expire for NSF checks in TN?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oldtiredone

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
A friend of mine found that there was an arrest warrant for him a few years ago, in a different county than the one in which he lives. The arrest warrant was for an NSF check written to a store which has since gone out of business in that town at least. Do arrest warrants ever expire, or is this person always going to have to worry about being arrested anytiime they are in that county?

racer72

Arrest warrants never expire. I know of some arrested on a warrant from 1953. Someday when your freind least expects it he will get a free ride to jail.

S

sdstrooper

Racer's right, I just want to add that he doesn't have to be in that specific county to be arrested. If the warrant is in the state crime info database or national crime info database, any time an officer checks his ID anywhere, he could possibly end up in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">