• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do dismissed charges show up on CORI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NotGuilty050

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?(Massachussetts)

I was arrested on domestic battery charges (we were young and passionate arguers!). Sent for anger mgmt check. The anger mgmt assessment was very good and I didn't have to do the counseling. No previous legal issues. My wife also testified in my favor.

No fines, no prison, no anger mgmt. A year later (probation?) the charges were dismissed. Can I confirm that this sounds right? (I'm so turned off by the whole thing that I haven't checked my record or spoken with anyone about this)

I have had no issues (personal or otherwise) since that hiccup.

Will the dismissed charges show up on my criminal record? I realize that employers can only look into convictions but would an expert sleuth (potential employer sponsored) uncover dismissed charges?

Do I need to apply for an expungement?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">