• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a bench warrant?TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joellypie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

In 2004 I was pulled over by what I think was the Mississippi Hwy Patrol. I received a ticket, and me being 18 and dumb never paid it. I have always lived in TN, but am now moving to Mississippi for school, and have to change my residency over, so I will need to get a drivers license. I have been pulled over a few times in TN, and I figured if I had a bench warrant they would see it and take me to the state line, but they never have. I never received anything in the mail, and can not find a data base that will allow me to search for the warrant (that is free). I will pay it, but I am scared if I call them or go up there they will try to arrest me, and I would just rather pay it, and all the fees, go to court if I have to and be done with it. A lawyer is out of the question at this point, I just can't afford it at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated!

Swoop187

If you have been pulled over since your ticket then you dont have a warrant. You will have no problem getting a license in another state.

FlyingRon

Well I can guarantee the ticket just didn't go away. They can't arrest you over the phone (especially in a different state) so call. The fact that being pulled over in a different state doesn't mean there's no warrant for you. Further, there may not be a warrant. You're probably just default found guilty and now the fine and other charges are piling up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">