• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I Have to testify

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RBrown

What is the name of your state?
I live in Texas, In Texas, if my now ex husband has been accused of committing a felony, At his trial do I have the option to testify either for or against him. He was arrested while I was still legally married to him, our divorce was final 10 days after his arrest. Is there a law that states I do not have to do either because I was in fact still legally married at the time of the crime and his arrest

rmet4nzkx

Do you want to testify? Have there been any threats against you? Will his possible conviciton and sentence affect your spousal or child custody/support orders? What is the nature of the felony and your testimony?

RBrown

do I have to testify

No I do not want to testify, there have been no threats against me or my children. He is being charged with 5 felonies of robbery and aggravated robbery. the out come of his trial will not affect any support as our children are grown, I do not want to testify because he has put us through so much already, we, my children and myself just want to move on with our lives

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">