• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Koolaid12

Is it possible I have a bench warrant?

In Mississippi back in 2007 I caught a battery charge against a minor. I was a minor as well. I also got caught growing weed plants. I was innocent for the battery and the only evidence against me was a non eye witness who is a confirmed crackhead. Back then growing weed would of got me prison time even though it was for consumption and not distribution. That's why I ran away and never went to court.

I've had many background checks and even called the county court and they have no record. I'm guessing my name may have been misspelled. It's a very complicated name and I wish to change it. My juvenile fingerprints will be taken and ran by the FBI and I just wanna take care of any outstandings. I had a warrant in Indiana for unpaid court fees and have evidence that I took care if it to present to the judge at my name change hearing to prove its not for criminal reasons.

Through research I discovered that the statue of limitations doest start till the alleged victim turns 18. I also found that bench warrants get renewed after so many years. Since it was so long ago maybe it didn't get renewed. Maybe that was why it doesn't show up. I just don't wanna get caught by surprise at my hearing and extradited if there's a way to take care of it because all involved (witnesses, victims, etc) are out of state and won't come back for this.

Last edited:

quincy

In Mississippi back in 2007 I caught a battery charge against a minor. I was a minor as well. I also got caught growing weed plants. I was innocent for the battery and the only evidence against me was a non eye witness who is a confirmed crackhead. Back then growing weed would of got me prison time even though it was for consumption and not distribution. That's why I ran away and never went to court.

I've had many background checks and even called the county court and they have no record. I'm guessing my name may have been misspelled. It's a very complicated name and I wish to change it. My juvenile fingerprints will be taken and ran by the FBI and I just wanna take care of any outstandings. I had a warrant in Indiana for unpaid court fees and have evidence that I took care if it to present to the judge at my name change hearing to prove its not for criminal reasons.

Through research I discovered that the statue of limitations doest start till the alleged victim turns 18. I also found that bench warrants get renewed after so many years. Since it was so long ago maybe it didn't get renewed. Maybe that was why it doesn't show up. I just don't wanna get caught by surprise at my hearing and extradited if there's a way to take care of it because all involved (witnesses, victims, etc) are out of state and won't come back for this.
You can contact the charging agency to see if there is an outstanding warrant for your arrest in Mississippi, or you can have an attorney do this for you. We cannot tell you if a warrant was issued or not but, if/when you avoid a mandatory court appearance by "running away," that would be the typical response to such avoidance.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
By the way, if you were charged and then ran away then statute of limitations does not apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">