• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need to take ID to court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexalex

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MARYLAND

Okay so I got arrested in Montgomery County Maryland, I was caugth steling from a store in the mall, and my sister bail me out, I gave a false name however they had my rigth adress because only my sister could bail me out at the time of course they didnt know she was my sister.
Now i dont want to be in more trouble so I was trying to go to court but I gave a false name =[
what could actually happen to me if they find out? or if I dont go to court? I know im gonna have a arrest order under the false name, are they gonna come after my sister??
I REALLY REALLY WANT TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER AND IM WONDERING WHATS THE RIGTH THING TO DO!?
SHOULD I CALLED AND GIVE MY RIGTH NAME NOW OR WAIT UNTIL COURT DO I NEED ANY ID IF I GO??

Last edited:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MARYLAND

Okay so I got arrested in Montgomery County Maryland, I was caugth steling from a store in the mall, and my sister bail me out, I gave a false name however they had my rigth adress because only my sister could bail me out at the time of course they didnt know she was my sister.
Now i dont want to be in more trouble so I was trying to go to court but I gave a false name =[
what could actually happen to me if they find out? or if I dont go to court? I know im gonna have a arrest order under the false name, are they gonna come after my sister??
I REALLY REALLY WANT TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER AND IM WONDERING WHATS THE RIGTH THING TO DO!?
SHOULD I CALLED AND GIVE MY RIGTH NAME NOW OR WAIT UNTIL COURT DO I NEED ANY ID IF I GO??
wow. you not only got yourself into a pickle for stealing, but you threw some whipped cream and cherries to top it off.

keep your sister out of it. don't mention her. go take your ID to your hearing, announce yourself. let them know you want to make amends. legally, you can get charged with giving a false identity. expect it. maybe, just maybe the DA will see your remorse and not throw those charges on top of that.

it wouldn't hurt to get a consultation with a few attorneys.

Antigone*

wow. you not only got yourself into a pickle for stealing, but you threw some whipped cream and cherries to top it off.

keep your sister out of it. don't mention her. go take your ID to your hearing, announce yourself. let them know you want to make amends. legally, you can get charged with giving a false identity. expect it. maybe, just maybe the DA will see your remorse and not throw those charges on top of that.

it wouldn't hurt to get a consultation with a few attorneys.
OP...sorry for the temporary hijack

Ahhh a new greek goddess has graced us with her presence.:)

... and now back to this madness

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Were you ever arrested before?

If so, or if you've ever been fingerprinted, you should have been discovered when you were printed this time. You might already be charged with the additional charge(s). You'll find out shortly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">