• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do you really want to hurt me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harveys

What is the name of your state? NY

No these are not the lyrics of a song but a question. :) Is there a way to find out if I have any outstanding warrants? No and I don't mean walking into a police station and singing that song? Area there websites, public records etc.

Son of Slam

harveys said:

No these are not the lyrics of a song but a question. :) Is there a way to find out if I have any outstanding warrants? No and I don't mean walking into a police station and singing that song? Area there websites, public records etc.
Your state is not NY it is AZ. That is where your computer is and where the crime was committed. Your Bubba will have a Mexican accent not one from Brooklyn.

HomeGuru

harveys said:

**A: post your legal name, address and last 4 digits of your SS# and we'll do a free online search for you.

Kane

There's no central database. You just have to check with each agency you think the warrant may have come from - municipal court, county court, etc.

I assume the police must have access to a central database (ncic, or the state equivalent), but if they do, it's not accessible by the general public.

harveys

Still willing to help?

HomeGuru said:
**A: post your legal name, address and last 4 digits of your SS# and we'll do a free online search for you.
I was hoping this had blown over but a holiday call offering an olive branch indicates something different. HomeGuru if you are still willing to conduct a search for me please email me at [email protected] and I'll give you the information.

rmet4nzkx

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=280613
harveys said:
I live in AZ but may have comitted an Aggravated harassment in the second degree in NY which is a class A misdemeanor. § 240.30 of the NY Statutes. It has yet to be determined if "I" did infact commit the offence. It is a matter of tracing an mail order back through the source to the sender which involves two seperate Internet companies.

I was wondering if I did do this, would/could I be arrested in AZ and extradited for trial in NY or would they just try me in absence. How does this work? Also would they even bother because it is a misdemeanor?

HomeGuru

harveys said:
I was hoping this had blown over but a holiday call offering an olive branch indicates something different. HomeGuru if you are still willing to conduct a search for me please email me at [email protected] and I'll give you the information.

**A: sorry, I don't do email.

harveys said:

Aside from going into the police station and coughing up your ID and hoping for the best, the ONLY other option you have is see if the county where the warrant was issued has a "clerk of courts" website, quite often they are listed on there and can be found via a general name search.

Good luck.

HomeGuru said:
**A: the bottom of what box?
I was referring to the original post (1st post of the thread). There are always a few "ads" attached to the bottom of the "box" containing the original post of every thread. (at least on my screen, anyway). (in black & red type)

I was amused that the post was asking for places to find warrants, etc......
and there were three web site links to sites providing exactly what he was looking for, just underneath the post.

Maybe it was a coincidence. I guess you had to be there....lol. Maybe it does not appear on everyone's screen like it does mine. (I am good at a lot of things, but "computing" is not on that list....lol)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">