• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

documents used to obtain a warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maine--

I was arrested on a warrant issued by a district court here in Maine. In the detectives affidavit and request for warrant of arrest he cites a statement given by a person and says that the persons statement is 'attatched' to the affidavit. It is not!

Do I have the right to see this document since it was used in obtaining my arrest warrant?

thanks

charlie

Don't the rules of 'discovery'...

...require the prosecution to provide the defendant with all the evidence it has? Particularly since the detective says the statement is 'attatched' to the affidavit presented to the judge asking that a warrant be issued.

By the way, I was found not guilty of the charges by a jury and am now in the process of suing those who brought these false charges.

thanks

charlie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">