• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does anyone know?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

persecuted

CA-- If i have proof (cell sms) that someone is going to wrongly acccuse me of something, or rather is threatening to accuse me of something, do I have any recourse? the female i live with is not happy with my unwillingness to be her "man" which i told her from the beginning, but i had nowhere else to go. Now when i don't "act right", she threatens to call the police and falsely accuse me of raping her 15 yr old daughter, which I never have nor never would do. Can I press charges against her with the SMS evidence that I have or should I make a police report against this delusional chick or what?

CdwJava

Unless she has taken steps to blackmail you in some way, no real crime may have been committed just yet. Whether a crime has been committed or not will really depend on what has been stated in the SMS, and if it can be proven they came from her.

I'd say it is time to move out. If you stay, you leave yourself wide open to accusations. And if her daughter supports her allegations, you are in DEEP kimshee!

- Carl

quincy

This is actually a TRIPLE post, Carl, and answered in the Libel/Slander/Defamation section of the forum as well. All of the advice given to persecuted is pretty much the same. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">