• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does this constitute child abuse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? New York.

I see a woman who takes her 3 very young daughters out of her house every day Monday thru Friday at 7 am then brings them back around this time, 9 pm. Non-stop, non-fail like a Monday-Friday machine.

I'm not interceding, I'm just curious if this could be considered a child abuse issue?

The Occultist

Is she just leaving the kids outside to fend for themselves? or is she just taking the kids to a babysitter while she's working overtime shifts to make enough money to feed them? You'll need to provide a lot more details before you can get an answer anywhere near being accurate.

Perky

Actually, just go back and read some of this OP's prior posts. There is animosity between the OP and this neighbor based on some seemingly petty complaints. I think OP is looking for another way to get rid of the neighbors.

enjay

Are you asking if leaving the house at 7:00 AM and not returning until 9:00PM is abusive? If so, you really need a hobby or something.

Is she just leaving the kids outside to fend for themselves? or is she just taking the kids to a babysitter while she's working overtime shifts to make enough money to feed them? You'll need to provide a lot more details before you can get an answer anywhere near being accurate.
That's about it--she's not leaving the kids outside to fend for themselves. She just keeps them out for LONG hours every day.

I gotta hand it to that woman. I don't know what kind of work she does but she's always out there hustling or whatever she does. I'm wondering if the daughters are happy with "the arrangement" being they're just being pulled along by the circumstances beyond their control.

Doesn't seem to be a normal arrangement. Keeping young children away from home for 14hours a day, every day, Monday through Friday. No, she's definately not leaving them unattended in some playground somewhere as far as I can see from here.

Btw Occultist I always enjoy seeing your input all over this website. I remember when you first started here; I never dreamed you'd surpass me with so many posts :)

Actually, just go back and read some of this OP's prior posts. There is animosity between the OP and this neighbor based on some seemingly petty complaints. I think OP is looking for another way to get rid of the neighbors.
Didn't I say I have no intention of interceding in this affair? If I didn't say it then, I'm saying it now.

Are you asking if leaving the house at 7:00 AM and not returning until 9:00PM is abusive? If so, you really need a hobby or something.
That's right. I'm asking if taking young children out of a home and keeping them out of a home for 14 hours five days a week is abusive.

And please don't tell me what I "need." I'm sure you need a few things yourself.

mommyof4

Didn't I say I have no intention of interceding in this affair? If I didn't say it then, I'm saying it now.
Then why ask? :cool:

And it is a perfectly normal arrangement. My kids are at school for 9 hours a day and then they are at the gym for 4 hours right after school. They are competitive gymnasts. Perfectly normal and they love it. Better than sitting in front of a TV all day, cooped up in a house.

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? New York.

I see a woman who takes her 3 very young daughters out of her house every day Monday thru Friday at 7 am then brings them back around this time, 9 pm. Non-stop, non-fail like a Monday-Friday machine.

I'm not interceding, I'm just curious if this could be considered a child abuse issue?
No this is a case of GladysKravitzism.

otherwise known as one frigging nosy neighbor.

YOU

Then why ask? :cool:

And it is a perfectly normal arrangement. My kids are at school for 9 hours a day and then they are at the gym for 4 hours right after school. They are competitive gymnasts. Perfectly normal and they love it. Better than sitting in front of a TV all day, cooped up in a house.
Ok, so that's the answer. Thank you very much.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">