• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dognapping to attempted murder, disturbing the peace, and public intoxication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMemo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I'm in some major trouble and need major help. Two weeks ago my dalmation was "dognapped" from my residence. Since then we have been recieving daily drunken phone calls from "Michael" demanding two hundred and fifty dollars for the return of Noodles (I can hear him barking in the background). I went to the police for help and to get the calls traced, but they said they couldn't help as it would be "too complicated".

Well, last sunday afternoon my daughter was out in the front yard playing until she bursted in the house in tears and ran to the couch I was sitting on. I asked her what was wrong and she said she saw Michael walking Noodles down the street. I asked her if she was sure it was him. She just kept crying. At this point I was infuriated. I stomped over to the counter, tore the keys to my suv off it and jumped in the truck. As I'm backing down the driveway sure enough way down the street I see a person in a red hooded sweatshirt walking my damn dog. I floor it down the street and slam on the brakes right behind Michael.

He turns around as Im jumping out of the car. As i'm walking towards him I point and yell "give me the dog back". This jerk looked puzzled, then angry as he said "You moron" and turned around and kept walking. I stomped up behind him and jerked him down to the ground by his hood. I violently tried to wrestle the leash out of his hand (it came out but the dog jumped away) and while he was laying on his back he grabbed my ankle causing me to fall and scrape my elbow. He scrambled over and tried to get on top of me while punching me in the face. I rolled him back over and tried to use his sweatshirt to choke him as he was out of control.

By this time neighbors were emerging and two of them ran up and tackled me and started punching me in the back of the head/neck. I scrambled back up to my feet but I got taken down again. They held me down while I was screaming for help but no one came to help me. Soon a couple police cruisers came roaring in and after hearing both stories, arrested me (you read that right). I don't know what to do (i never got to see the dogs collar with owner info for myself although they say it didnt have my address on it- michael switched it) and I'm facing major trouble from what my lawyer has told me, but I think im going to fire him. Hes not very good. I'm going to file a suit against the neighbors for their barbaric "citizen's arrest" aka mugging and against michael for assaulting me. I'm looking for any and all advice to get me out of this horrible situation.

P.S. - I am filing a temporary restraining order against those neighbors that viciously attacked and mugged me. Would a civil suit be in line to make restitution for their "citizens arrest"? I've seen them a couple times and weve exchanged glances. This situation isn't getting any better, I'm just ready to have Noodles back and get past all of this.

Last edited:

Kane

What have you been charged with?

Are you sure it was your dog?

Who is "Michael," and what's his version of the story?

ENASNI

oY

Well, last sunday afternoon my daughter was out in the front yard playing until she bursted in the house in tears and ran to the couch I was sitting on. I asked her what was wrong and she said she saw Michael walking Noodles down the street. I asked her if she was sure it was him. She just kept crying. At this point I was infuriated. I stomped over to the counter, tore the keys to my suv off it and jumped in the truck. As I'm backing down the driveway sure enough way down the street I see a person in a red hooded sweatshirt walking my damn dog. I floor it down the street and slam on the brakes right behind Michael.

When your daughter said she "saw Michael walking Noodles down the street" and you "asked if she was sure it was him" She just kept crying? No answer. and when you asked if you were sure it was HIM... did you mean Michael or Noodles?

You never explained who Michael is and... well you mentioned Public intoxication in the title of your post. How drunk were you? Your lawyer does sound like he is giving it to you straight... and there is a lot more to this story I am sure. I just am not sure if I want to hear it. :eek:

panzertanker

You want my advice?

Bend way over, head between legs...

flex your neck...

Pucker your lips...

Kiss your a$$...

You will deserve every bit of what you get. MORON.

JohnMemo

Got some info today. The P.I. has been dropped. However the attemped murder charge is still there, along with disturbing the peace. I'm hopeful I can get this dismissed as soon as I can prove "Michaels" real identity. Whether or not that idiot that punched me really was Michael, i think he should be considered a criminal and in serious trouble. In the meantime as a precaution I sit in my lawn chair in my front yard and watch everyone very closely who passes by. So far I haven't seen Noodles lately (i've been watching reallly closely).

Michael called again earlier (he had been drinking again) and after listening to his usual drunken demands and noodles barking, he hung up. My friend told me about *69 to trace incoming calls. I traced it to a phone booth outside a hardware store close to my house. I jumped in the car (license is suspended but this is emergency) and raced over to the phone, but noone was there. I'm going to be waiting for the call tomorrow with my bat in the car and when I get over there Michael is goign to get it.

When your daughter said she "saw Michael walking Noodles down the street" and you "asked if she was sure it was him" She just kept crying? No answer. and when you asked if you were sure it was HIM... did you mean Michael or Noodles?
I meant if it was noodles. When she kept on crying I took it as a yes. I was in such an blinding rage at that point I was ready to kill someone. "Michael" is what the dirtbag maniac dognapper calls himself when he calls everyday or so holding Noodles at ransom. He even instructs the dog to bark so I can hear Noodles i mean come on who does that.

"Michaels" version of the story is that he has no idea what any of this is or about dognapping, as he was just taking his dog around the neighborhood for a walk when some maniac almost ran him over (me) and then started shouting and assaulted him (me again). Hes a pretty slick talker. But I'm pretty sure it was him.

Last edited:
JohnMemo said:
I'm going to be waiting for the call tomorrow with my bat in the car and when I get over there Michael is goign to get it.
Are you a moron? You have attempted murder charges filed against you and you plan on stalking this person and attacking him with a baseball bat? You also say this "Michael" assaulted you yet you initiated the physical attack by your own admission?

If you keep down this road you will wind up in jail and your daughter will be crying to you about Noodles through a glass window.

ENASNI

You Are Guilty said:
I hate to ruin people's fun, but c'mon, are all your BS Detectors broken at the same time? :rolleyes:

Mine just started working... This is of course a joke post...

Do you have the dog's papers? Do you have the vet bills? Did you report your dalmatian missing when the dog disappeared? Go down to the hardware store and see if they have a camera that gets the phone booth in view and ask if they will allow you to use the tapes to prove he has been calling you. Then bring the dog's papers, vet bills and tapes with a log of all incoming phone calls to the police station. You also might consider contacting the your local A.S.A.P. organization. Another good thought might be to go around to "Michael's" neighbors (not the ones who assaulted you) and ask them how long "Michael" has had this dog. Does your dog have a micro-chip? As far as you wanting to beat this scum bags head in with a bat, I understand. I have a dog that I love very much and would feel the same way if someone maniac took my dog and pulled the same bull as is being pulled on you, but you can't go and do that without going to jail. If you can prove all that "Michael" has done then your charges will most likely be dropped or lessened.

If you can prove he stole your dog, you also might be able sure him for an intentional tort. He stole your family pet, this could have caused you personal suffering, extreme emotional distress, lost wages because of grief or comforting your daughter/ court appearance because of charges.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">