• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladymiss

What is the name of your state? newjersey

i have a friend who got into an argument with her boyfriend because she caught him cheating. she was heated and got into it with her boyfriend, he bf was trying to hold her down but she refused,while struggling to let go, her bf received scratches on her face. the cops finally came, and saw her bf's face with scratches and she was arrested for domestic violence even thugh her bf didnt press charges.

my question is, when she got arrested she used her sister's name but her fingerprint was taken. the case was eventually dismissed, will it still stay on her sister's records?

Just Blue

no....she got arrested and had to go to the police station. i need an answer to my question please
Your friend should expect to be arrested for impersonation. And she should also expect a civil suit from her sister for the incredible damages she (sister) will have due to a false arrest record.

Everything your friend has or will ever have will go to the sister.

ladymiss

i know, and that's what i told her. she said the case was dismissed, does is still go on her sister's record?

seniorjudge

Q from The Occultist: Court records are kept with the court. Police arrest records are kept at the police station. Did we really need that spelled out?

A: Yes.

kyleabur

Expungements

Expungements, at least in kentucky, when granted, the Court enters and Order and said Order is sent to ALL governmental agencies within the Commonwealth to EXPUNGE all the records associated with the offense being expunged...It is not limited to Court records, it is ALL records...so, my suggestion would be to Google new jersey laws and read what affect expungements would have as to the woman's record, police, government or otherwise, and then tell the impersonator to cough up the money to have an attorney expunge the sister's file...tell her to confess her sin to the sister before she finds out the hard way and then tell sis that she is paying an attorney to correct that which she did wrong...

ladymiss

the innocent sister knows about the issue with her name. but wat exactly are the procedures for expunging the records knowing that the impersonator was fingerprinted but she used her sister's name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">