• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't want him in the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

napoleon

What is the name of your state?
Colorado

I don't know if this is the right forum.
My wife is having an affair, and we are close to divorce. When I leave town on business, my wife has her lover in the house and around our children. I am trying to work through this with my wife. She refuses to end the relationship. I have asked her repeatedly not to have him in the house. She refuses this as well. I am wondering if there is a legal option I have to keep him out of the house, like a restraining order or some such thing.

Thank you for your help.

seniorjudge

napoleon said:
What is the name of your state?
Colorado

I don't know if this is the right forum.
My wife is having an affair, and we are close to divorce. When I leave town on business, my wife has her lover in the house and around our children. I am trying to work through this with my wife. She refuses to end the relationship. I have asked her repeatedly not to have him in the house. She refuses this as well. I am wondering if there is a legal option I have to keep him out of the house, like a restraining order or some such thing.

Thank you for your help.
Let's talk about that restraining order.

Has he ever done anything to you?

napoleon

No. Before doing anything legal I intend to have a polite conversation with him about how I don't want him in my house.

weenor

News Flash

napoleon said:
No. Before doing anything legal I intend to have a polite conversation with him about how I don't want him in my house.
Until you get custody of the house in the divorce- its her house too. If you don't want him in the house- get moving.

Kane

Napoleon, I think it's over, my friend.

You need to see a lawyer about filing for divorce, and getting the best custody and financial settlements that you can.

If you can get the house (which will probably go to whoever gets the children), you can keep both of them out (your wife and her lover). In the meantime, maybe your lawyer can help you with some sort of temporary orders. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

If your wife was spitting in your face, it wouldn't be as bad as taking another man into your house to screw, while you're at work, and in front of the children. Think about it. She doesn't love you. She doesn't even like you. And you've chosen a very poor specimen to be your childrens' mother. There's nothing you can do about that now. But you can try to limit the damage to your children in the future.

Imagine what kind of message she's giving your children, by screwing another guy, while you're out working to support the family.

Your children are going to lose all respect for you. As well as for their mother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">