• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doubt on filling i539 form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chandru21_1

Am on H1B and got arrested for DWI. Now am applying for my and my wife's(H4) extension. My wife has not arrested ever. While filling the info in i539 form, I doubt what to answer for the question "You or anybody in this application EVER got arrested..". Should I answer YES or NO to this question? or all the questions in i539 form are only for spouse and dependents and not for i129 applicant? I am not trying to tell lie or hide anything but I have doubt in what to answer the questions in i539.

FlyingRon

If her name one in the Part 1 ("Information about you") on the i539 and....

If she checked Part 2, Question 4 ("I am the only applicant") it applies only to her and you are not one of the people on the application.
If she checked Part 2, Question 5a ("Members of my family are applying with me") and you are one of the people appearing on the supplements then she must answer yes to the arrest question.

If your name is the Part 1 ("Information about you"), you must answer yes.

chandru21_1

Hi FlyongRon, thank you for the info. Part 1 is her name and she is the only person in i539. Mine will be by i129. But my employer will file both together. Will that create any issue if i say NO to arrest?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">