• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drinking in public offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

niceeasy

What is the name of your state? Washington DC

This is my first time offense.

Hello, I was caught drinking in public and arrested yest. Police took me to jail and let me go after posting a collateral of $25. They also took my fingerprints. I made a stupid mistake and don't want to go to court to contest it and drag it further. Is there a way to get this record expunged by participating in a misdemeanor program?
Thx for any advice.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? Washington DC

This is my first time offense.

Hello, I was caught drinking in public and arrested yest. Police took me to jail and let me go after posting a collateral of $25. They also took my fingerprints. I made a stupid mistake and don't want to go to court to contest it and drag it further. Is there a way to get this record expunged by participating in a misdemeanor program?
Thx for any advice.
**A: you still need to go to court.

niceeasy

court

i just talked to a duty attorney and turns out i don't have to go to court because i elected to pay a fine. i have to wait 2 years before i can apply for record expunging.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">