• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driver's License Expiration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmcdanielcm

What is the name of your state?AL

My fiance was pick up in AL on a warrant from OH. He waived extradition so he's currently waiting on OH to pick him up(child support). OH has 3weeks from 12/26 to get him and then AL will release him. We're headed to OH thereafter.
BUT
His driver's license expired while he has been jailed. He has been told by some other 'residents' that if he goes to renew, he will be arrested again because the warrant from OH will have not be removed.
We have to go to OH to deal with child support, whether OH come sto get him or not. We have to get a new driver's license to travel legally and sign all important documents. SOOOOOO, How can the license be renewed with out fear of arrest again and to keep from starting this whole waiting game over again?
Besides, I didnt know it was so monitored(dmv) I mean. New picture, change of address, weight etc...what's the deal?

Last edited:

SlaveMaster

dmcdanielcm said:
What is the name of your state?AL

My finance was pick up in AL on a warrant from OH. He waived extradition so he's currently waiting on OH to pick him up(child support). OH has 3weeks from 12/26 to get him and then AL will release him. We're headed to OH thereafter.
BUT
His driver's license expired while he has been jailed. He has been told by some other 'residents' that if he goes to renew, he will be arrested again because the warrant from OH will have not be removed.
We have to go to OH to deal with child support, whether OH come sto get him or not. We have to get a new driver's license to travel legally and sign all important documents. SOOOOOO, How can the license be renewed with out fear of arrest again and to keep from starting this whole waiting game over again?
Besides, I didnt know it was so monitored(dmv) I mean. New picture, change of address, weight etc...what's the deal?

Do you Alabama trailer trash always live on the edge?

IAAL

dmcdanielcm

Even though that is a great suggestion as far as taking the bus(Greyhound of course), but as far as signing documents, entering court houses, ect...an expired license(I am told by attornies, deputies etc) must be valid even though its only a few days expired.
But thanks for the suggestion of the bus, now I just have to get my 'better than God' fiance of mine to agree.

T

taxpayer

Most states allow you to renew a DL if it expires and your out of state through the mail ??????????? Call and see what the procedure might be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">