• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving license question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

outonbail

easysaver said:
Anyone have a list of states that do NOT do a background check to get a driver's license?
Huh?

Are you asking if there is a state which would issue you a drivers license, even though yours is suspended in another state?

If so, it's going to be a very short list,,,,

JETX

According to a recent study of cab drivers in New York, it was found that most of them come from Punjab Province in Pakistan.... so clearly THEY don't have ANY requirements to get a drivers license!! :D

easysaver

No - license not suspended....

I am doing some research and found that 3 states do criminal background and security clearance checks before they issue a drivers license... this is in additional to the National Pointer System that just exchanges information on driving records.

So far I have confirmed that AL, CN and TX run additional checks. I think also GA and SC are in the process of this but have not verified yet.

Wanting to put together a list to post on my site.

CdwJava

What state is "CN"? Did you mean, CT?

Also, while states may not specifically run a "background check" on license applicants, states may have a system to "flag" names of certain applicants whose names appear in state or federal databases ... CA does that. It is no always immediate, but it happens.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">