• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drop charges based on false arrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Ever

State incident occurred: Nebraska
Resident of CA
Charges: auto theft and possession of a controlled substance (1 gram of meth)

Earlier on the day of the arrest, I contacted the rental agency to find out the total of my bill. The rental agency said there had been a huge mistake on their part and that the computer shows I returned the car several weeks earlier. Upon a lot check, the car was not found and reported stolen. They assured that the error would be corrected.

A few hours later, I was on the side of the highway because I ran out of gas. A trooper approached me to help out and then discovered the car was stolen when he ran the plates.

After I explained the story he called the agency's stolen vehicle department who said the car was still showing as stolen.

The car was searched and nothing was found and was then impounded. I was arrested for auto theft.

Upon being admitted to jail, I was stripped searched leading to the discovery of 1 gram of meth in my bra and was then charged with possession of meth.

After being held for 48 hours (due to a weekend holiday), the auto theft charges were dropped at my arraignment but the possession charge still stands.

My Question: What are the chances of the possession charge being dismissed as a result of a false arrest due to an error on the rental agency's part?

Upon what conditions can a person be strip searched when being admitted to jail?

Son of Slam

Ever said:
State incident occurred: Nebraska
Resident of CA
Charges: auto theft and possession of a controlled substance (1 gram of meth)

Earlier on the day of the arrest, I contacted the rental agency to find out the total of my bill. The rental agency said there had been a huge mistake on their part and that the computer shows I returned the car several weeks earlier. Upon a lot check, the car was not found and reported stolen. They assured that the error would be corrected.

A few hours later, I was on the side of the highway because I ran out of gas. A trooper approached me to help out and then discovered the car was stolen when he ran the plates.

After I explained the story he called the agency's stolen vehicle department who said the car was still showing as stolen.

The car was searched and nothing was found and was then impounded. I was arrested for auto theft.

Upon being admitted to jail, I was stripped searched leading to the discovery of 1 gram of meth in my bra and was then charged with possession of meth.

After being held for 48 hours (due to a weekend holiday), the auto theft charges were dropped at my arraignment but the possession charge still stands.

My Question: What are the chances of the possession charge being dismissed as a result of a false arrest due to an error on the rental agency's part?

Upon what conditions can a person be strip searched when being admitted to jail?

"What are the chances of the possession charge being dismissed as a result of a false arrest due to an error on the rental agency's part?"
***Absolutly 100% none.

"Upon what conditions can a person be strip searched when being admitted to jail?"
***Any and all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">