• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug testing pregnant woman without telling her?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetdreamz921

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Ohio and West Virginia
I was drug test by my ob in Ohio without my knowledge and tested positive for marijuana. I was never informed I was tested, then when I moved to WV (at 14 weeks), the results were shared with my new ob (again without my knowledge). I believe the new Dr. continued to test me without telling me. I was finally informed at 7 months, when I was forced to sign a document saying I abused recreational drugs, and that I would agree to random drug tests & would quit smoking cigarettes, or I would lose my medical care at that office & have to go to a high risk clinic. At no point did anyone ever tell me they drug test, that I had been, or was informed of the dangers of marijuana during pregnancy. Is this leagal??? It sure doesn't feel right. Thank you for any help/advice you can give me.

Shay-Pari'e

sweetdreamz921 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Ohio and West Virginia
I was drug test by my ob in Ohio without my knowledge and tested positive for marijuana. I was never informed I was tested, then when I moved to WV (at 14 weeks), the results were shared with my new ob (again without my knowledge). I believe the new Dr. continued to test me without telling me. I was finally informed at 7 months, when I was forced to sign a document saying I abused recreational drugs, and that I would agree to random drug tests & would quit smoking cigarettes, or I would lose my medical care at that office & have to go to a high risk clinic. At no point did anyone ever tell me they drug test, that I had been, or was informed of the dangers of marijuana during pregnancy. Is this leagal??? It sure doesn't feel right. Thank you for any help/advice you can give me.
Gesus! Are you stoned right now? Your child should be taken away from you.

mycarlb

I know this isn't LEGAL advice, but perhaps you needed to be tested since you care absolutely NOTHING about the life inside your body, and only about your "right to know" about being tested. Couldn't you have just stopped using long enough to give birth to a healthy baby??? Maybe you need to go to a NIC unit and observe the drug addicted babies born to selfish mother's such as yourself. (NIC=NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE)... What is wrong with you?

sweetdreamz921

I am NOT USING!!!!!

I did stop smoking when I found out I was pregnant!! The ONLY positive test I had was at my first visit! I do not smoke weed now and haven't for about, oh 7 and a half months! I came here asking for advice, not to be ridiculed or judged by you people! If you didn't have anything useful to say, then you never should have responded, or at least found out all of the facts before belittling me! Thanks for wasting my time!

mycarlb

No, what I had to say is very useful because you need to wake up and straighten out your life... did you want someone to post "oh babygirl, you are sooo right, how dare a doctor care about an unborn child?? I would sue, sue sue!!!" ...

And you know you never said anything about stopping... you specifically said he/she continued to test you... so if you only tested positive ONE time, then none of this would have happened... You ad that in now because you feel like a shmuck, but if those were the facts then in the original post you should have put that... this is a free advice forum... take it or leave it... sometimes you will get very formal legal advice, but sometimes you get some moral, ethical advice too

Shay-Pari'e

sweetdreamz921 said:
I did stop smoking when I found out I was pregnant!! The ONLY positive test I had was at my first visit! I do not smoke weed now and haven't for about, oh 7 and a half months! I came here asking for advice, not to be ridiculed or judged by you people! If you didn't have anything useful to say, then you never should have responded, or at least found out all of the facts before belittling me! Thanks for wasting my time!
(QUOTE)or was informed of the dangers of marijuana during pregnancy.(QUOTE)

How on earth did you skip on bye this class? Everyone knows this. You needed to be informed?

I am not here to find out all of your facts, that is for you to supply. What I do know is that you should in no way shape or form be a mother.

If you had stopped, why are you so concerned about being tested? I would think you would be proud to test and show you were not on drugs.

But instead, you are here whining about being forced to test.

Go Figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">