• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a drunk decides to leave.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irwinnormal

What is the name of your state? washington

my life looks poor on paper. and perhaps is poor but that is besides. anyway. i was arrested for a misdemeanonr. my 4th. ive done the jail thing before. im out now on bail and doing what the court has asked me but i dont want to go to jail and think i may instead leave the country. i need some time to save money which i have begun and i have a few months before my next court date. now. the thing. if. i were to have a misdemeanor bench warrant in my homestate but leave the country from an entirely different one. would the authorities know who i was? my little league batting average? would i be held and arrested and sent back and chastized and forced to watch fat men poo in the holding cells? can i leave the country with a misdemeanor bench warrant for something completely non violent? but of course bad none the less.
or should i just lull them to sleep with feigned adherence to their stipulations and then slip out when no one expects it?
i just might need the time to save some money. as i have no college degree and smoked pot for 11 years.
thank you

I'll try to answer this before the vultures attack.

A misdemeanor is not nearly as big of a deal as a felony. There are far too many folks in jail already and I do not see too many people with misdemeanors go to jail for any amount of time. Mostlythey just want your money, and of course there is getting drug thru the legal system, which is alot like swimming in jello.

I certainly do not think it's something to leave the country over! That sounds like overkill to me. Don't know if your past record included felonies. That might make a difference in how they treat you, because once they "have your number" they tend to stay on you more than the average person. I'm not positive, but I think if you really want to avoid this you could just leave the state. And as long as you stay gone nothing much will happen to you. Of course if you do, it would be a good time to get your life right and stop getting in any more trouble.:D

CdwJava

I doubt anyone will do more than raise an eyebrow if you leave. If you miss a court date, a warrant will issue for your arrest. And one day when you return to this country from whatever "exotic" locale you flee to (wherever someone without money, and a history of drug and alcohol use can go), the warrant will be waiting for you.

So ... any ideas on where you can go? How you will earn a living? How you will obtain a visa and be allowed to remain in the country? Even Mexico has strict immigration laws, and they enforce theirs on foreigners ... and none of the places you could likely hide in have anything remotely resembling welfare.

From the public safety perspective we will all be thankful that your sope smokin and drinking will now occur in another country ... but, remember that all of our neighbors have tougher DUI laws than the US. And spending time in a Mexican prison is ... well ... not pretty.

- Carl

justalayman

CdwJava said:

So ... any ideas on where you can go? How you will earn a living? How you will obtain a visa and be allowed to remain in the country? Even Mexico has strict immigration laws, and they enforce theirs on foreigners ... and none of the places you could likely hide in have anything remotely resembling welfare.

- Carl
I have an idea!!!

I know where the immigration laws are lax enough that he would probably never be forced to leave. Welfare is as easy as picking up stones from the ground and a visa is often ignored,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

oh, nevermind,,,,,,,,,,,he's already in the United States.:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">