• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui probation violation I colect ssd/ssi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsguy420

in california i face a bench warrant for my arrest and i moved to las vegas nevada. my publicdefender didnt do anythng to defend me. I was given 3 field sobrity tests, 1 walk in a straight line, 2 fingers from waist to nose and 3 the abc's backwords, I was pulled over by california highway patrol on the freeway, not speeding or wreckless driving. these cops were straight up *******s. I think we got in a fight, im not sure because i thnk i broke the cops nose.i went to jail for the night and got my car impounded, they forced me to take a blood test and made me sit in a holding cell completely sober.. I skipped court 3 times and at the hearing iwas sentenced to 30 days county jail. I wa given a breathalyzer test( i was 20) 1st 0.00, 2nd 0.07 and the third they pretty much threw the thing in my face. after release from jail. iwas sentenced to 3 years probation, certificate of completion from the 3 month alcohol class my license suspended with fee's and fines. im sitting here in nevada like im never gonna get anywhere. I collect ssd and i recieve ssi with 1,304$ in court fee's and fines, an 834$ alcohol school and like 50+ bucks dmv fee's. i do not plan on going back to california anytime soon and i want to get my license back**************

bsguy420

the 3rd test i blew 0.08. im missing my right hand and im up for ssd review in like 6 months i think.....

OHRoadwarrior

Don't count on getting a license until you pay all the money you owe. You aren't going to get far on ssi anyway. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Until you can afford the privilege, take the bus.

CSO286

in california i face a bench warrant for my arrest and i moved to las vegas nevada. my publicdefender didnt do anythng to defend me. I was given 3 field sobrity tests, 1 walk in a straight line, 2 fingers from waist to nose and 3 the abc's backwords, I was pulled over by california highway patrol on the freeway, not speeding or wreckless driving. these cops were straight up *******s. I think we got in a fight, im not sure because i thnk i broke the cops nose.i went to jail for the night and got my car impounded, they forced me to take a blood test and made me sit in a holding cell completely sober.. I skipped court 3 times and at the hearing iwas sentenced to 30 days county jail. I wa given a breathalyzer test( i was 20) 1st 0.00, 2nd 0.07 and the third they pretty much threw the thing in my face. after release from jail. iwas sentenced to 3 years probation, certificate of completion from the 3 month alcohol class my license suspended with fee's and fines. im sitting here in nevada like im never gonna get anywhere. I collect ssd and i recieve ssi with 1,304$ in court fee's and fines, an 834$ alcohol school and like 50+ bucks dmv fee's. i do not plan on going back to california anytime soon and i want to get my license back**************
In order to get your license back, you're going to have to pay +-$2200......and any reinstatement fees that are added. (In my state, in order to reinstate after an alcohol related suspension, there is a reinstatment fee of $680--on top of the court ordered fees and costs....)

swalsh411

Frankly you sound like an dangerous violent person who makes very poor choices repeatedly, thumbs their nose at the law, and has no sense of remorse or responsibility. You probably drove drunk hundreds of times before you got caught. And to add insult to injury, you also seem to believe that somehow you are entitled to get your license back without paying for the consequences of your actions. Everybody would be better off if you never got behind the wheel again.

FlyingRon

1. Everybody thinks they passed the FSTs.
2. You can still be convicted even when below the prima facie BAC limit
3. Leniency with multiple FTAs isn't going to happen

You're flirting with getting your probation revoked if you've absconded from probation. Take comfort in that you will not need a car while in jail.

By the way, notwithstanding the probation/reinstatement fees, you appear that you will not be able to afford the SR-22 insurer that you will need to maintain a license anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:

BL

As far as you SSA benifits go.

Does Social Security pay benefits to prisoners?

We pay benefits under both the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs. Both of these programs prohibit payments to most prisoners. Social Security benefits are suspended if an otherwise eligible person is confined in a jail, prison, or other penal institution for more than 30 continuous days due to conviction of a crime.

We cannot pay benefits to someone who, by court order, is confined in an institution at public expense in connection with a criminal case if the court finds that the person is: guilty, but insane; not guilty of such an offense by reason of insanity or similar factors (such as a mental disease); or incompetent to stand trial for such an alleged offense.

Also, we cannot pay benefits to someone who, immediately upon completion of a prison sentence for conviction of a criminal offense (an element of which is sexual activity), is confined by court order in an institution at public expense. The confinement must be based on a court finding that the individual is a sexually dangerous person or sexual predator (or a similar finding.) However, if a person is not confined in prison or other similar place, benefits may be paid to an eligible individual.

dave33

You have not asked a question. What is your SPECIFIC question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">