• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enter Home without a Warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brown6613

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY
If the police are looking for my son do they need a warrant to enter my home without permission? I told them he was in the house but I did not want them to enter. They said they did not need a warrant and went in against my desires. Is this legal?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the police are looking for my son do they need a warrant to enter my home without permission? I told them he was in the house but I did not want them to enter. They said they did not need a warrant and went in against my desires. Is this legal?
It still is legal.

CdwJava

Maybe ... maybe not.

It depends on why they entered.

If he was on probation or parole, or they had a warrant for his arrest, they could almost certainly have made entry. Absent those, they might need some other articulated exigency to make entry. This is an issue for his attorney to address if it is a problem. Though, the entry would not affect the charges for which he was arrested.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">