• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Escape USA / Extradition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Manu11

A friend from mine might get convicted regarding a criminal case and would like to go back to Europe instead of going to jail. She is citizen from a West European Country and having a valid Passport from this country. She is aware about that she can’t come back to US.

Questions:
-----------
a) If she leaves US and goes to Canada, Mexico or Bahamas, would she get extradited (back to USA) on the border or at a foreign Airport or could she just take the next plane to Europe?
b) Unfortunately she has open US Credit Card bills. What would the credit card companies do?

Son of Slam

Manu11 said:
A friend from mine might get convicted regarding a criminal case and would like to go back to Europe instead of going to jail. She is citizen from a West European Country and having a valid Passport from this country. She is aware about that she can’t come back to US.

Questions:
-----------
a) If she leaves US and goes to Canada, Mexico or Bahamas, would she get extradited (back to USA) on the border or at a foreign Airport or could she just take the next plane to Europe?
b) Unfortunately she has open US Credit Card bills. What would the credit card companies do?

***The Bahamas are very nice this time of year.
Your friend needs to leave the US as soon as possible. Do not waste time and money on court.

K

krispenstpeter

Hell, she could just take a direct flight to europe.

The same thing they would do if she stayed here, sue her ass.

Oh, and by the way, just in case you forgot, The U.S. will track her passport and find out where she went, will issue an international flight to avoid prosecution warrant against her, messenger it to Interpol and she will be picked up and shipped back to the U.S.

Or did you forget about the Hague Convention Treaty on Reciprocity?

M

Manu11

Your joking comments

Thank you for your joking comments and your judgment without knowing some background.
I thought to get some serious legal advice from attorneys instead of these comments.

Furthermore the US legal system brings a dramatic fact to surface:
It’s a business and like in my friend case and as someone from a foreign country and without knowing anything how other people could beat you up legally, it seems that US justice became more a value on how much money you can spend for an attorney, whether
than justice in truth and fairness.

K

krispenstpeter

And you still don't get it do you?

You are asking us to advise you on helping your friend not only break the U.S. law, but to do so on an international scale.

You really must be an idiot if you think anyone here will do that. :rolleyes:

K

katd3374

Hey I just read your question and all of the jackass responses to it. You know what the pathetic part is? You and I are on this site to try and get legitimate legal advice whereas the rest of these morons are on here because they have no lives!!!!!! Anyway, in all seriousness, your friend may be able to leave the country unnoticed if she does it quickly enough. The severity of the crime will dictate whether or not the Feds will waste time, money and manhours to pursue or stop her. What did she do & how long ago?

M

Manu11

Hi katd3374!

Thank you very much for your comments.

This forum seems not to be serious and therefore I don’t want to get into details.
A cruel mentally sick person called the police at her and made some statements.
Later this person regretted to call the police on her, but it was already up to the
state attorney. She had an attorney and even she felt not guilty, the attorney
suggested her to pledge guilty for “Battery”. She was on court supervision
and during this time she had arguments again with this person. In her anger this
person called the police again and my friend went for a couple days in jail.
I paid the fee and she got released. Now it is the second “Domestic Battery” cased
and the state attorney claim years of jail time. At the moment she is on pre-trail and
not allowed to leave the state. The other person lied in many cases on what happened,
but the state attorney took just some facts without evidence and without seeing the
whole picture.

K

katd3374

OK--I know I'm gonna regret this, but I'll let you in on a little secret...the guy that I posted the question about, my boyfriend; he and I moved to Louisiana a few years ago so that he could dodge a warrant. (The warrant was for parole violation.) We lived down there for a year...a bounty hunter even tracked us down and called our house, but he never came after him. What I'm saying is that unless she's a mass murderer or a drug kingpin, they're not comin' after her. (Years for a sentence are pretty far fetched too unless she's got a record..she'll probably get probation if she decides to go that route.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">