• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This Even Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maria D

What is the name of your state? I live in Georgia but the event happened in Miami, Fl 2 years ago, my kids at that time were 8 and 15 yrs, we went to buy in Publix super market and my kids ate 1 cookie each of 0.50 cents value without my knowledge, then they hide the wrap so i would not get mad at them, the security man saw them and told me about it, I reprimended them and offered to pay for the cookies, the manager came and said he had to report it to the offices of publix central and refused to accept payment, he said it was all procedures but that i had to sign a paper stating that i was their mother and i was told about the problem, also he wrote my driverlicence number and name and the kids names, he said there was no police report or such but that the kids could not come in the store alone until they were 18 years old, 2 years have goneby and noone sent me any letters or nothing, now I live in georgia and 2 months ago a letter to my name arrived in my old address from some lawyers in miami, saying that is in reference to the situation of that date, it does not explain only says that and that is in reference to publix, they are requesting a payment of 455.00 dollars. to be paid to avoid a lawsuit. ??? I need to know if this is legal, if I should pay, or if this could be a scam. I dont know if 2 years after a thing like that hapens, where no police is called to report the crime, where they declinde my offer of payment, can they charge me as if i did this? or what should i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">