• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Everyone , please help me with this.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gcw1995

What is the name of your state?NC
I was served today (Saturday) for a Civil Summons No contact order for Stalking or Nonconsensual Sexual conduct. It says to show up this Tuesday. Do I have to show up? What the plaintiff says on it is untrue completely. He is trying to give me a hard time. It says its a complaint for no contact order. I start my new job on the same day when the hearing is. Do I have to go? A firend told me that all will happen is he will win and I have to make no contact with him for a year. If this is true, thats good for me too. I don't want no contact either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :(

rmet4nzkx

You better appear in court and explain your side, however, if you were really served today Saturday and the Court date is Tuesday, it may not be enough time you might ask for a continuance. It is very important to give us the facts, not facts designed to give you the answer you want. If you were served today why were you asking about this R/O early yesterday morning? I briefly reviewed your posts and you appear to have several personas and are going through a divorce following discovery that you were not divorced in 1987 when you got married. Is the person getting the R/O your spouse or a new boyfrined? Does this involve your separation in any way? Is there any domestic violence? What does your attorney say?

gcw1995

Any advice on my urgent problem is greatly appreciated

My mother used my user name earlier to obtain advice on her 1987 marriage. I am a different person. I am 28 with a family. I am a good person. My ex-employer has taken a 50c no contact order on me Saturday sept. 3rd. It says that the hearing is on tuesday Sept. 6th. My ex- employer is basically mad at me , thinking I contacted OSHA and my local Health Department on his business. Truth is , I haven't contacted him in a long time in any way. He is trying to get back at me by doing this. My problem is this. I start a new job tuesday morning and can not miss it or I will loose it. I was served on Saturday. I do not have a problem going to court but I need another date and can not contact the clerk. Is it alright for my wife to contact the clerk tuesday morning for me for a continuance? Any advice would be great. Thanks. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">