• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evidence Tampering By Police And Prosecutors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barbarakrack

CALIFORNIA.EVIDENCE TAMPERING
Digital Photos in Discovery Package ALTERED!
I am currently a defendant in a H&S case out of Riverside Ca. In a discovery package, provided after a crucial suppression hearing, I found pictures that had been digitally altered. These alterations are visible to the naked eye. When enhanced you can see that the pixels around the time stamp are larger. My digital tech who produces dvds for the consumer market, tells me that since it is a copy of a picture printed on photo paper that he can only speculate on what was done since he had no access to the disk with the original data. However he assures me that, altered they were. His belief is that the time stamp was a cut and paste picked up off of something else and placed on these pics, when placed there, they were found to be out of scale and enlarged, hence the larger pixels. Now the funny thing is, that the time stamp only has the day of the month and the time, no year, no month. Has anyone ever seen anything like that? Now the thing is my attorney as well as my codefendant's attorney find nothing significantly amiss about this. NOBODY CARES THAT SOMEBODY IS GUILTY OF TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE! I am requesting that anyone with similar experience contact me with any potentially helpful info. Also I am seeking anyone who has had problems with perjury, search and seizure issues, or other police misconduct committed by the ARCNET task force, and in particular officer CHARLES SCIORTINO. Please contact me at [email protected]. WE MUST JOIN TOGETHER AND STOP THESE SYSTEMIC VIOLATIONS OF OUR RIGHTS!
:mad: :mad:

CdwJava

I suppose your "expert" will testify in a court of law that in his professional opinion there is no doubt that the time stamp was altered?

Exactly what is in the photo that makes it so time sensitive, anyway? I'm trying to think of the evidence photos we take, and the time/date is not generally all that significant an issue.

It also depends on whether they have an after market security timestamp product. These security products affix their own date/timestamp to downloaded photos and when enhanced they appear much as you describe it. This may be why the attorneys aren't all that worked up about it.

That, and the timestamp may be immaterial given the content of the digital image.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">