• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex failed to appear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?CA

I have posted on this before, but have a new question after new developments.

My ex girlfriend is being prosecuted for violating a court (restraining) order from a year ago (PC 273.6(A)). This nut has been harassing myself, family, etc since then. They arrested her in May 2005, and she bailed out.

She showed up for the first hearing (since her arraignment) on 6/28/2005, and after two continuances (neither of which she showed up for), she failed to appear on 10/12/2005. Bail was forfeited on first case ($5,000) and a bench warrant was issued for FTA in the amount of $10,000.

I am trying to serve her on an "order after hearing" on my parents RO against her, but cannot locate her. Is it remotely possible that I could get someone to alert me when she gets taken in to custody again, as she most certainly will? That way I could have jail personnel serve her. Also, if I AM able to locate her, would disclosing this info to the sheriffs or bail company accelerate her rearrest? She is causing my parents grief on a daily basis.

Or, is there a better approach? Cdwjava and others, any ideas?

CdwJava

If you find out where she is, you might want to contact the Sheriff's Department and let them know ... if there's a warrant they might be able to hook her up.

And I don't think there is any mechanism to notify jail personnel to let you know if she is hooked. You can certainly call every day to find out if she's there, but they are not likely to call you when/if she gets back in to custody.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">