• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex gf left items at my house now saying I stole them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fugazy

Florida. My ex left some sunglasses at my house. She claims they are worth 300. She now is saying she talked to an officer and she can get a warrant issued for petty theft. Ive found that these glasses can be bought online for 45 to 85. I also have people to attest that they were left there. These / people were my roommates at the time. There are three of them all with the same story. Also could they have "accidentally" got broke or scratched?? Where do I stand?

adjusterjack

Florida. My ex left some sunglasses at my house. She claims they are worth 300. She now is saying she talked to an officer and she can get a warrant issued for petty theft. Ive found that these glasses can be bought online for 45 to 85. I also have people to attest that they were left there. These / people were my roommates at the time. There are three of them all with the same story. Also could they have "accidentally" got broke or scratched?? Where do I stand?
I seriously doubt that the police are going to get involved in this.

If you have the glasses, give them to her.

If you don't have them, just say "not here, sorry" and then stop talking. The more you talk the more trouble she'll make.

quincy

Did she or did she not leave the sunglasses at your house?

If she did and you have them, you should return them to her.

If you broke the sunglasses or scratched them, it would be nice for you to pay for the replacement cost. For the replacement cost, you can ask her to provide a receipt and, if she does not have a receipt, print out the online cost of a comparable pair and give her the money to purchase a new pair.

And then be thankful she is an ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">