• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex has my car in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spennw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I have the title for the car that my daughter drove in Seattle Washington. The title is in my name. After my daughter left Seattle, her dad (ex-husband) kept the car and is now driving it. The registration on the car is expired because I refused to pay for it, and I recently stopped paying car insurance (though I haven't cancelled the policy). The car is located in Seattle Washington with AZ expired plates. I want my car back, so that I can either sell it or fix it up. What is the best approach to getting my car from WA to AZ? Do I notify AZ law enforcement first? If so, what office handles cases like this?

I should mention that I offered to sell the car to him, but he wanted nothing to do with it. Should I inform WA police that the car is unregistered at a given address?

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">