• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX putting personal medical bills in my name, can arrest/legal action?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jare7685

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

It came to my attention that my ex wife (divorced since 2010) has been adding my name to her personal medical bills and letting the hospital and collection agency believe we are still married.
I found this out after I seen it on my credit report as being in collections, I contacted the local collection agency handling and found this out. I had figured it was for our son though I carry insurance on him, and the reports never specify. And while a small bill was for him, that's separate issue....My ex wife had racked up $5000 and put me on it with her. :mad:

I got it removed from my credit after I proved we were legally divorced but this issue is on going with my ex wife and not the first time thing like this have happened. Using my name on things and committing fraud.

My question is can I take legal action against her? If so, what would be the best way?
Can I have her arrested? or is some how a civil matter?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

It came to my attention that my ex wife (divorced since 2010) has been adding my name to her personal medical bills and letting the hospital and collection agency believe we are still married.
I found this out after I seen it on my credit report as being in collections, I contacted the local collection agency handling and found this out. I had figured it was for our son though I carry insurance on him, and the reports never specify. And while a small bill was for him, that's separate issue....My ex wife had racked up $5000 and put me on it with her. :mad:

I got it removed from my credit after I proved we were legally divorced but this issue is on going with my ex wife and not the first time thing like this have happened. Using my name on things and committing fraud.

My question is can I take legal action against her? If so, what would be the best way?
Can I have her arrested? or is some how a civil matter?
Did you file a police report?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">