• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expundge dismissed charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tnkimala

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

My ex filed a report claiming I had been harrassing him immediately after our failed mediation for a divorce contempt case. He was very angry that day.

Next thing I knew, after sending him a text of the dollar amount to settle our dispute, he had me served with phone harrassment. I appearred before the judge for arraignment and was booked pending charges!

I am a Gramma, Sunday School teacher, Girl Scout leader, excellent reputation woman, previously fingerprinted only for jobs working in the school system, banking or Federal government! I was crying my eyes out while my lawyer sat and watched.

Well, the judge dismissed the case with no contact. He also warned to keep issues limited to divorce lawyers and told my ex that it could be a felony as misuse of the legal system.

The DA told me to fill out papers in the clerks office to have the arrest expunged. The clerk filled out something that she refused to give me a copy after I signed.

How do I make sure this bogus charge gets expunged?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">