• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expungement Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robdawg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have recently filed for expungement for a mistermeaner that happened about 10-11 years ago. I received a letter from the city attorney:

Please calendar this case on Department N7's calendar before the Honorable Judge Shelia [Judge's Last Name] on [Court Date]. The People will appear on that date and oppose the defendant's motion since the defendant is not eligible for relief. The defendant is notified of this hearing date in Department N7 by a copy of this letter.
Is this normal for expungements? What should I expect when I go to court?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

Rob

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have recently filed for expungement for a mistermeaner that happened about 10-11 years ago. I received a letter from the city attorney:

Is this normal for expungements? What should I expect when I go to court?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

Rob
This is normal, you will need to plead your case. The DA apparently does not feel your record should be expunged. I would recommend you find an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">