• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extra strength aspirin please!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Patrix

Hello and tyvm for your time and attention.

Trying to reinstate my driving license and part of it states i must:

"SUBMIT A NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SUED AS A RESULT OF THE ACCIDENT OCCURRING ON XXXXXXXXXX. IF YOU HAVE BEEN SUED, SUBMIT A RELEASE FORM FROM THE PARTY WHO FILED THE SUIT."

I apologise for the caps but it's copypasta directly from them. I contacted the court where this would've occured at and they told me there is nothing in their records about this matter and that I have not been sued. They state that the dept. of safety has a form i need to send them for them to notarize and send back to the dept of safety. Contacting the dept. of safety for this form and the dept. of safety told me that they're( the court ) the ones that have the form and for them to fill it out and notarize it and send it in. This occured in Tenn. and I now reside in Cali. and I'm just wondering if there is a standardized form that I could get online or somewhere that I could just send to the court to have them fill out and notarize and send into the dept. of safety or how I might go about clearing this matter up.

Again...tyvm for any help on this matter.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello and tyvm for your time and attention.

Trying to reinstate my driving license and part of it states i must:

"SUBMIT A NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SUED AS A RESULT OF THE ACCIDENT OCCURRING ON XXXXXXXXXX. IF YOU HAVE BEEN SUED, SUBMIT A RELEASE FORM FROM THE PARTY WHO FILED THE SUIT."

I apologise for the caps but it's copypasta directly from them. I contacted the court where this would've occured at and they told me there is nothing in their records about this matter and that I have not been sued. They state that the dept. of safety has a form i need to send them for them to notarize and send back to the dept of safety. Contacting the dept. of safety for this form and the dept. of safety told me that they're( the court ) the ones that have the form and for them to fill it out and notarize it and send it in. This occured in Tenn. and I now reside in Cali. and I'm just wondering if there is a standardized form that I could get online or somewhere that I could just send to the court to have them fill out and notarize and send into the dept. of safety or how I might go about clearing this matter up.

Again...tyvm for any help on this matter.
Googled tennessee affidavit accident sue which returned the following link: www.tn.gov/safety/forms/nocourtaction.pdf

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">