• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extradiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

ENASNI said:
Okay, you, the handsome man in the corner with the cup of Joe and crumbs on his shirt. :)
<looking down>

Sorry ... let me just brush those off ...

How about ... NO state does NOT allow extradition!

A wanted subject may be extradited from each and every state to another one. The matter is procedural and is a matter of time, but will always occur when the T's are crossed, and I's dotted.

- Carl

ENASNI

Correctamundo

You get a star, Carl... and this poster probably gets an "A" on his paper. :)

Last edited:

CdwJava

jawaan said:
I would love to know the answer to my question. Please let me know.
See above ...

All states will extradite to all others. There are ZERO states that can or will refuse to extradite to another.

A defendant housed in one state can fight extradition, but it then becomes a matter of time and paperwork rather than anything else. It's not like a state without the death penalty can refuse to extradite a resident to a state WITH the death penalty. It just does not work that way.

- Carl

jawaan

How About This?

CdwJava said:
See above ...

All states will extradite to all others. There are ZERO states that can or will refuse to extradite to another.

A defendant housed in one state can fight extradition, but it then becomes a matter of time and paperwork rather than anything else. It's not like a state without the death penalty can refuse to extradite a resident to a state WITH the death penalty. It just does not work that way.

- Carl
If you have a felony in one state, is there a statute of limitation for that state to try and convict you. I know there wouldn't be one for violent crimes, but is it the same for non-violent crimes? I'm not trying to sound dumb, but I am taking an online Criminal Justice class and we are required to submit a research [aper on the topic of our choice.

CdwJava

The SOL depends on the specific offense alleged in the state where it occurred. The state of residency (if not the state of the crime) is irrelevant to the question of SOL.

- Carl

CdwJava

HomeGuru said:
**A: pick the one that requires batteries.
Nah ... I'll pick the one with all the small pieces that will fall off and get lost so that I can scream for hours on end after losing them!

- Carl

jawaan said:
If you have a felony in one state, is there a statute of limitation for that state to try and convict you. I know there wouldn't be one for violent crimes, but is it the same for non-violent crimes? I'm not trying to sound dumb, but I am taking an online Criminal Justice class and we are required to submit a research [aper on the topic of our choice.
Please quit trying to find an easy answer.

You have the whole WWW at your fingertips! I have taken online courses and not only do they provide text books, but also a "library" of sorts for you to do research which gives you access to many websites you may not have otherwise gained access to.

They also give you assignments which direct you to explore websites that are in direct connection with the topic at hand.

Online courses are supposed to be full duties that require research,....(lots of research).. projects, and paper writing. This is how the instructors know that you are not full of crap!

Don't forget to cite!

Oh and...I really don't think your online school (university) would accept any information you gained from this website. This would not be an "approved" website...at least not to any accredited school or university.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">