• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extradition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waynejohnson7

Maine- i was informed by a detective to come down and talk about a juvinile case i had in colorado filed 6 years ago. he says the person who was dealing with the case had left and the new person didnt want to come out and talk to me. i agreed to go down and talk to him. he said i wouldnt have to worry about extradition. there was no recording of the talk we had he just wanted an overview of the things that allegidly took place. he told me a way to keep colorado off my back was by taking a lie detector test. i told him that it wouldnt hold up in court and he said that that didnt matter should i be concerned or is this just to close the case out seeing how im 28 years old now.

dave33

Maine- i was informed by a detective to come down and talk about a juvinile case i had in colorado filed 6 years ago. he says the person who was dealing with the case had left and the new person didnt want to come out and talk to me. i agreed to go down and talk to him. he said i wouldnt have to worry about extradition. there was no recording of the talk we had he just wanted an overview of the things that allegidly took place. he told me a way to keep colorado off my back was by taking a lie detector test. i told him that it wouldnt hold up in court and he said that that didnt matter should i be concerned or is this just to close the case out seeing how im 28 years old now.
Police are allowed to use deception (lie) when investigating a crime. They often use this tactic. Also, the police do NOT have your best interest in mind. They have a job to do and that is what they are concerned with. You should never ever take legal advice from the police.
It is a common occurance for people to be tricked into incriminating themselves which is basically confessing. In many situations charges cannot be brought except for defendants own statement. I would politely tell him that I do not feel comfortable making a statement without an attorney. goodluck.

waynejohnson7

i dont even know if charges have been pressed. im assuming not, because they would have arrested my by now. im am innocent of the accusations. and there is no evidence to say i have done anything. i have only heard statments were given 6 years ago.

dave33

i dont even know if charges have been pressed. im assuming not, because they would have arrested my by now. im am innocent of the accusations. and there is no evidence to say i have done anything. i have only heard statments were given 6 years ago.
It is very possible they are trying to get the evidence they need to bring charges. They may need you to implicate yourself for charges to be brought. I would keep my mouth shut if I were you.

waynejohnson7

the detective said that it had to do with closing a case out. i asked if i was getting arrested or extradited and he told me that from what he read, i had nothing to be concerned over and that i wasnt getting extradited.

dave33

the detective said that it had to do with closing a case out. i asked if i was getting arrested or extradited and he told me that from what he read, i had nothing to be concerned over and that i wasnt getting extradited.
Not yet but that could change if you cofess to a crime. You may not even know what they need to bring charges, that's why you should not talk. Right now they have not pressed charges, so what good (for you) can a statement do ?

waynejohnson7

i just dont get why they waited 6 years to start an investigation, wait til i moved to maine. now if they want to press charges its gonna cost a pretty penny to bring me back. when im found innocent will they pay plane fare back?

LeeHarveyBlotto

Tell them you won't be speaking to them without your attorney present. That will quite possibly be the end of it,. If nor, do not speak to them without your attorney present.

How do you have a juvenile case from 6 years ago if you're 28 (28-6 = 22)?

FlyingRon

Colorado, for instance, gives ten years from the time a minor victim turns 18 to pursue certain sex crimes.

As pointed out, when the police say it would be easier if you cooperated, they mean it is easier for them to get evidence against you.
Ignore them until you can't anymore and then have a lawyer handy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">