• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facing license suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anystupidname

Hello,

I hope this is in the right forum. I need some advice on how to deal with a legal situation. Chain of events:
-got speeding ticket
-because of distance from court, chose to plead the case via written letter
-judge decides I'm guilty
-several months go by where I don't receive letter stating it was decided I was guilty (I've learned this is likely because my mail was getting stolen)
-contacted court via phone and learned it was decided I'm guilty
-requested new mailed statement
-statement mailed to wrong address resulting in me receiving it AFTER the due date for my payment
-sent in payment late with explanation why
-several more months go by (went on nice 30-day vacation) :)
-received letter in the mail saying my license is being suspended in a month
-checked bank statement and noticed my check was deposited 45 days ago (before my vacation)
-called court and they say I owe $65 more because I paid the ticket late and $15 on top of that for "processing of suspension papers"

This is where I am now...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Litigation!

anystupidname said:
Hello,

I hope this is in the right forum. I need some advice on how to deal with a legal situation. Chain of events:
-got speeding ticket
-several months go by where I don't receive letter stating it was decided I was guilty (I've learned this is likely because my mail was getting stolen)
-statement mailed to wrong address resulting in me receiving it AFTER the due date for my payment
-checked bank statement and noticed my check was deposited 45 days ago (before my vacation)
-called court and they say I owe $65 more because I paid the ticket late and $15 on top of that for "processing of suspension papers"

My response:

Help with what? Do you have a "legal" question, or do you just need money?

IAAL

anystupidname

The "legal question" would be, how do I not get my license suspended without continuing to shell out money to the "legal" mafia?

Litigation!

anystupidname said:
The "legal question" would be, how do I not get my license suspended without continuing to shell out money to the "legal" mafia?

My response:

Oh, please. That was such a stupid statement.

Start walking or taking a bus.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

outonbail

anystupidname said:
Hello,

-got speeding ticket

I can see where you would have trouble with this, I was up all night and couldn't figure it out myself,,,,

So, I went to see Mr. Whoopie and here's what he came up with,,,

$65.00 + $15.00 = $80.00

I couldn't believe how fast he came up with the answer,,,, in like, less than a second! I swear on the bible, well OK, maybe a whole second at the very most! and get this,,,,, he did it in his head! No $hit, in his head!

That Mr. Whoopie is one sharp cookie!!!

Pay the Money

You were found guilty and owe the court its fees. It's not the court's fault your mail was being stolen. If you can afford to go on a 30 day vacation, you can afford the $80. Most courts will also set up a payment plan if you so request. If you don't pay, you license WILL be suspended. If you get caught driving DUS, you're facing a longer suspension, higher fines, and possible jailtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">