• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fail to pay metro fair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shaquille1995

I was arrested and i didn't get a ticket I actually got the citation after I was release from jail but on my citation all I have is a court date what's going to happen this is also my first offense will I goto jail ?

FlyingRon

What exactly does your ticket say. Fare evasion on the DC Metro can indeed be a misdemeanor, but in some cases you can pay the "collateral" civil damage and avoid a conviction.
You need to also indicate which jurisdiction you were issued in (the DC metro system spans six different jurisdictions).

CdwJava

Which Metro are we talking about? There are several Metros in CA, and numerous others throughout the US.

FlyingRon

Well the OP is in Maryland which narrows it down to Baltimore or DC. Since he mentions SmartTrip, it has to be DC.

FlyingRon

Uh ... where did he write all of that??? Not in THIS post.
The poster had tacked on to a previous thread and was told to go start another. I got the two confused.

Assuming it is the DC Metro, he still needs to tell us which county/city the citation was written in. The penalties vary accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">