• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failing To Testify/be A Witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norcalicutie197

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"[/I][/I][/B][/FONT]What is the name of your state? I have a warrant for no- show to testify against a person who tried to kill me. I was supposed to go to court because I was served a subpoena to be a witness. I didn't show up for court. What is the punishment for that? CALIFORNIA. I have court on Monday DEC 3,2007 please anyone who can HELP???????????????:confused::( I am tired of being a victim...

Just Blue

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"[/I][/I][/B][/FONT]What is the name of your state? I have a warrant for no- show to testify against a person who tried to kill me. I was supposed to go to court because I was served a subpoena to be a witness. I didn't show up for court. What is the punishment for that? CALIFORNIA. I have court on Monday DEC 3,2007 please anyone who can HELP???????????????:confused::( I am tired of being a victim...
What is the statute your being charged under? And if you are tired of being a "victim" why didn't you show as a witness against someone who tried to KILL you???

lwpat

She (I assume but it is CA) has not been charged with anything yet. If you do not appear you will be charged with contempt of court. Punishment without a jury trial can be up to 6 months in jail and a reasonable fine.

fairisfair

She (I assume but it is CA) has not been charged with anything yet. If you do not appear you will be charged with contempt of court. Punishment without a jury trial can be up to 6 months in jail and a reasonable fine.
Really?? and I would have assumed that the warrant was for something?? Failure to appear at the very least??

CdwJava

norcalicutie197 said:
I have a warrant for no- show to testify against a person who tried to kill me. I was supposed to go to court because I was served a subpoena to be a witness. I didn't show up for court. What is the punishment for that? CALIFORNIA. I have court on Monday DEC 3,2007 please anyone who can HELP???????????????:confused::( I am tired of being a victim...
If you want to stop being a victim, then SHOW UP FOR COURT!!!

Testify against your attacker - it's that simple. Until you do that, you will continue to be a victim.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">