• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure To Appear - Assault Case Dismissed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CopyLite

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

North Carolina

I went to the first court hearing; continued to the next date as always.

Second hearing - I forgot my court date and never went. So I was charged with failure to appear.

Third Hearing - Continued again because I missed court

Fourth hearing - Dismissed (the guy never intended on showing up, hospital rules require the employees to press charges if hit.) I was sedated and elbowed a male nurse (I have no recollection of this) but anyways, he knew my family and said from the start he wasn't pursuing it, etc.

Now.. with the case being dismissed... does this include the failure to appear ?

I need to know because I'm doing my background for work and want to be 100% sure ya know?

FlyingRon

Not necessarily, you should check to see if FTA charges were filed (other than just a warrant) and if they were, if they were indeed also dismissed.

CopyLite

Well when I printed off my bg sheet for a different job it was pending with the pending simple assault

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">