• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to appear and warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bkgerber

What is the name of your state? IN To make along story short, I lived with a person who owned their own business. The last year that we were together they incorporated their business. Consequently they were sued for a bill. Instead of the business suing the corporation they sued me and the other person. We parted company and the other person pretty much left me with nothing, not even a vehicle to drive and a lot of debt. I tried to find a job and moved to a different area. BEfore i left i told the court that i would try to pay 15.00 a month on a debt that was not mine and that I would going to have to file bankruptcy. I was unable to pay the money and later finally found a job, a place to stay with a friend and they loaned me a car that in June that I am still using. I want to send the 90.00 that I owe for the last 6 months and have hired an attorney to file bankruptcy. I am losing evrything including the house that I have owned since 1985. I had my daughter pick up the papers from the court concerning my debts and judgement and have since found out that I was suppose to appear in court and did not. On the papers they filed for a writ of attachment on me and the other person. Now, will they arrest me and I will lose my job? I had just enough money to take care of my kids and me and not enough to send on the bill. Will they still arrest me if I send the money. I am really scared and do not know what to do. The bill is 983.00 and I can afford the 15.00 a month now but was going to file bankruptcy on it. What should I do? Send the money and hope they do not come after me? or send the money and tell my lawyer about the warrant? I need help

Son of Slam

bkgerber said:
What is the name of your state? IN To make along story short, I lived with a person who owned their own business. The last year that we were together they incorporated their business. Consequently they were sued for a bill. Instead of the business suing the corporation they sued me and the other person. We parted company and the other person pretty much left me with nothing, not even a vehicle to drive and a lot of debt. I tried to find a job and moved to a different area. BEfore i left i told the court that i would try to pay 15.00 a month on a debt that was not mine and that I would going to have to file bankruptcy. I was unable to pay the money and later finally found a job, a place to stay with a friend and they loaned me a car that in June that I am still using. I want to send the 90.00 that I owe for the last 6 months and have hired an attorney to file bankruptcy. I am losing evrything including the house that I have owned since 1985. I had my daughter pick up the papers from the court concerning my debts and judgement and have since found out that I was suppose to appear in court and did not. On the papers they filed for a writ of attachment on me and the other person. Now, will they arrest me and I will lose my job? I had just enough money to take care of my kids and me and not enough to send on the bill. Will they still arrest me if I send the money. I am really scared and do not know what to do. The bill is 983.00 and I can afford the 15.00 a month now but was going to file bankruptcy on it. What should I do? Send the money and hope they do not come after me? or send the money and tell my lawyer about the warrant? I need help

***Were you ordered to "appear," or ordered to "show cause"? If you were ordered to appear and did not, the judge has issued a bench warrant for your arrest. If a warrant has been issued, you will at least be booked, unless you die first, lawyer or not. Phone to make sure that a warrant has been issued for your arrest. If it has, I suggest you present yourself for booking and be prepared to have someone bail you out at your convenience.

HomeGuru

Writer, you need to be talking to your personal attorney and not posting on a legal advice website. Good grief, get it together man.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">