• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to identify

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aggie_dt

Tx. i was arrested for failure to identify. the officer accused me of giving false identification. this mistake was unintentional and when i realized the mistake... i corrected the officer (even before he called in the report). i was still arrested. do i have any chance of getting this charge dismissed? how will it go on my record? how long? and what are the longterm effects of this?

Son of Slam

aggie_dt said:
Tx. i was arrested for failure to identify. the officer accused me of giving false identification. this mistake was unintentional and when i realized the mistake... i corrected the officer (even before he called in the report). i was still arrested. do i have any chance of getting this charge dismissed? how will it go on my record? how long? and what are the longterm effects of this?
I am going to guess that you gave the officer a false identification card and then changed your mind when you seen things were not going real good. Then the officer stated, "Black, Black no takes back," and you were arrested. Now you think there might well be a way to get out of this, because it is not any big deal.

Did I guess right?

calatty

People don't unintentionally misidentify themselves as someone else. If you are going to get out of it, it has to be with another defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">