• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake ID in Vermont

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yes, my name was on the card. That is how they tracked me down.
BTW.
What state do you live in?...
It matters
..It will help determine what class of felonies you are likely to be charged under...
Thank you.

..________________________
~ Helping to rid the world of stupidity,
Starting with my own.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
In reality, most store cameras work on 24 hours loop, so unless police got the record right away it is already gone.
Nobody is going to order an expensive DNA test over something like this.
Wow, sounds like you know everything. No need for an attorney when you're so capable of defending yourself.

:rolleyes:

LdiJ

This is a "free advice" forum. An advice to hire an attorney is pretty useless. The whole idea is to get a legal advice without paying to an attorney. If you can say something constructive about the case, please, do. Otherwise, please, stay out of this thread.
You should not call the officer because you should never speak to the police without an attorney present.

CdwJava

Funny.
In reality, most store cameras work on 24 hours loop, so unless police got the record right away it is already gone.
Ya know, when I first started in law enforcement back in the dark ages when they used VHS, this might have been true to some degree (though it was often 48 to 72 hours). Nowadays, with mostly digital systems, recordings can remain for weeks or months depending upon the system.

No way for me to know at this point. Fingerprints are questionable, many people handled it. Nobody is going to order an expensive DNA test over something like this.
They found me because my name was on the id. Not difficult but time consuming.
You're right, they won't do DNA on this. But, they don't have to. They have an ID with your name and a photo, they have surveillance and a clerk to identify you, and they will have the local officer who may be able to assist them. Yeah, that's what they do. There's no reason to assume that the local police will NOT help the Vermont police.

Realistically, VT is not going to come hunt you down. But, a warrant could be issued for your arrest and that COULD cause problems for your freedom and future (it can render you ineligible for financial aid, loans, government assistance, and cause you to be detained or arrested on any police contact even if not extradited).

Entering into some form of diversion may be the best way to avoid the consequences of potential arrest and jail time. But, that's your call.

I would recommend you consult an attorney ASAP.

ejames23

Funny.
In reality, most store cameras work on 24 hours loop, so unless police got the record right away it is already gone. No way for me to know at this point. Fingerprints are questionable, many people handled it. Nobody is going to order an expensive DNA test over something like this.
They found me because my name was on the id. Not difficult but time consuming.
if you have all the answers, why are you even here? you are too dense to take any real advice, which many members have given you.

this is free advice, we don't have to do anything for you and you can go rely on your friends, google, and whatever other resource you have available.

However, if you plan on going to college, it is highly suggested you seek an attorney. they can help you navigate this. I don't understand why you're willing to just risk your future on internet strangers and "hope"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">