• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False arresst

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharon287@earth

false aressest

I was falsely arressted in Palm Bay Florida by the Palm Bay Police in 1990. I was married at the time. My mother lived about two miles away and she lived alone. I told my husband that I was going to go and check on her since she was expecting me. My husband said no I wasn't going. I said I won't be gone long. I told her I would check on her and I would be right back. My husband had been drinking, I had not. I went to check on her and was gone for about 45 minutes. When arriving back home there was the police, ambulance, paramedics and a fire truck at my home. I went to go in the house and the police said no. I told them I lived there and they let me enter. Upon entering my home my husband was laying on the living room floor on his stomach. I asked him what was wrong and he said I ran over him with the car. The police informed me that he had sustained serious injuries, that his legs and hips were broken. They immediately put handcuffs on me and took me to a holding jail cell. I was in shock to say the least. I called my mother and told her what I was being accused of. My mother called the hospital where the police had my husband transported to. My mother identified herself to the hospital personnel and they were laughing. They said there was nothing wrong with him. They exrayed him from head to toe. not even a scratch, that he was drunk. I was released and the charges were dropped. The point is that the police never waited for verification of his injuries and arressted me on a drunks word. I am no longer married to this man. I have waited so long because I am afraid that the police will try to get even because of their mistake. They shouldn't get away with this injustice and I want this arresst to be permantely removed from my record. Have I waited too long for some justice to be done.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
That isn't false arrest. They had probable cause to arrest you. And after sixteen years the SOL is up and you are SOOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">