• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Arrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tshirey005

False Arrest? Need Advice Please!

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I was arrested and accused May 3, 2005 for Felony Theft five months after I had quit my job at the loan office who is accusing me of this crime. My manager at that time was also arrested and charged w/ the same crime and we both spent a night in jail.
We were told that we were being arrested for making fraudulant loans and keeping the money and that they had evidence to support that fact. I asked to see such evidence explaining it to be impossible because I did no such thing. We were never shown any evidence and have both had our arraignment hearings post poned 2 times because the DA's office is still waiting for "Discovery". It has been 3 months since our arrest and I am curious as to how they could of even arrested me w/ no evidence and why the case wasnt dismissed because of lack of evidence instead of being post poned.
What ever happened to my right for a speedy trial and how could I be arrested for something they didn't have evidence of to begin with?
I am currently being represented by the Public Defender's Office and have had a different attorney at each of the post poned arraignments. I have yet to even meet the attorney I was assigned to or get an answer to any of my questions.
Can you please tell me what rights if any I have regarding this matter?

Sincerely,
Teri S.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">