• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False charge 2C:18-3b(1)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lenyabloko

I provided services to large company in Paramus NJ for over 9 month. My contract was wrongfully terminated before the end of one year term. The company I represent ( owned by my wife) filed a civil comlaint for over $4,000. The former client demanded that I drop the case and threatebed me with adverse actions. I did not drop the civil case. The former client then made a criminal complained against me charging petty disorderly person offense for allegedly defiant trespass. I requested discovery from municipal prosecutor and received full police report that has no single piece of evidence except statements by "witnesses" and *victims" who are all employees of the company. I don't understand how the probable cause was established and why there was a warrant issued for petty offense. I now have a public record of arrest which renders me unemployable, in addition to all other troubles.
How can I fight back?

Dave1952

Can you produce witnesses who saw you and will testify that you were not there at the time of the alleged event? If you were in fact there then you'll have to take your chances. The testimony of witnesses may be proof, one way or the other.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I don't understand how the probable cause was established...

You'd have to ask the judge who issued the warrant.

Maybe I'm missing something, but witness/victim statements are an easy way to establish probable cause.

Sounds like you need a criminal defense attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">