• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false dui arrest and subsequent issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

ldij, i wondered the same thing (does he know something about me that I dont?) - but it seems like there are always people who spend excessive amounts of time making nasty remarks in forums. don't understand, but have accepted it.

otherwise, the amount of speculation here is so ludicrous i laughed. first off, I am not a guy, i am 100lb girl. i was not being an ******* to the cops, i barely said anything and was incredibly compliant. I was simply exhausted and I have a shy demeanor and tend not to make eye contact, which apparently causes me to be perceived as though i might be under the influence. also, I know there is not even remotely a law about allowing me to have a friend get myc ar, my point was really about the financial aspect.
Well, there you are.

Mt_Vernon

If you are driving impaired because you are exhausted (and yes, that does happen) or if you are driving impaired because you are under the influence of either a legal or illegal substance, what does it really matter in the end? The person who gets killed because of the accident you cause is just as dead.
Driving impaired because of fatigue is LEGAL (unless the driver is driving a truck and has not had the legally required amount of sleep), while driving impaired under the influence of medication is ILLEGAL.

Driving while having a heart attack will also get people killed, but you don't see anyone prosecuted for driving while having a heart attack, do you?

Ladyback1

Driving while having a heart attack will also get people killed, but you don't see anyone prosecuted for driving while having a heart attack, do you?
Most people do not know when a heart attack will occur thus they can't pull over to quietly have their heart attack on the side of the road. However, most people know when they are tired/exhausted and should have the presence of mind to not drive!

CdwJava

Driving impaired because of fatigue is LEGAL (unless the driver is driving a truck and has not had the legally required amount of sleep), while driving impaired under the influence of medication is ILLEGAL.

Though, in both you CAN be at fault in a collision. And in the former (not usually the latter) you can be prosecuted for offenses that occur as a result of the fatigue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">