• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Imprissonment, False Arrest, And Tort Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elguapo

Ok to start off with I live in arizona but this case is in new mexico. I was advised to come here prior to doing anything else.

In 2001, I was accused of using a forgery of a speeding ticket. This case went to magistrate court. And I went to court to prove that it was not me. After magistrate court I was told to fill out a form that would drop the charges. So I filled out the form, and turned it in like I was told to. Over the next 4 months I never heard another word from my lawyer or the DA. So I assumed that the case was dropped. Fast forward 3 years. In Januarty of 2004. I was arreested on this very same case in arizona and was hauled off to jail. After I was realease I went back to new mexico and went to court again. This time it was in District court. During court, my lawyer got the case moved back to magistrate court. This was the end of that court date. Two days later, I get a call from my lawyer telling me my case was dismissed. During my conversation, my lawyer told me that the DA would call and notify phoenix that my case was dropped and I dont have any warranet out for that case. Now this leads up to this past weekend. 5-8-05. I was on my way home from a movie. And I get pulled over. No big deal Ithought. Come to find out the DA in new mexico never notified the courts in phoenix that my case was dismissed.

Now this is where my question comes in. What grounds for a lawsuit do I have against hte courts in new mexico. I have grown tired of this situation, and it has vastly put a damper on my carreer. I now have 2 arrests on my file for this case. Which will look extremely bad on my record if I were to come up for a new job.

Thank you for anyhelp.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">