• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Stalking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missy1969

Mississippi, My son was arrested on charges of stalking. His ex girlfriend filed the charges. She said she didnt know he would go to jail. Now feeling bad for filing false charges against him she said she wont show up for court. She thinks if she dont show up the charges will be dropped. Is this true or does my son still risk a chance of going to jail for something he didnt do? His court date is in April if you can respond before then.

Thankyou:confused:

outonbail

His ex girlfriend can not file charges. It is the DA who would file the actual charges or complaint and it is the DA who would have to drop the charges.

His ex girlfriend may have requested a restraining or protective order against him if she was having trouble getting him to realize she doesn't want to have any more contact with him.

If he was arrested for violating a court order, it doesn't matter if she appears or not, the DA can still go forward with the case and win a conviction.

It also makes no difference if the ex girlfriend was or was not aware of the fact that he would be arrested if she reported him for stalking, or violating a restraining order. Although, I don't believe she could be that simple minded. She probably told you that so she didn't have to get into a big discussion with you over the incident.

You should be concerned with why your son is stalking this girl and refusing to move on. This type of behavior can lead to far more serious problems than stalking.

cyjeff

I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you stop communicating with not only a witness to a pending criminal case but the woman your son was accused of stalking.

missy1969

it was a false report

My son was not stalking her. He did move on with his life. Her current boyfriend hit her and she ran to my son and told him she was wrong for leaving him and wants him back. She spent the whole day at my house in his bedroom watching movies. The next day no one knew where she was and he found out she was at that guys house. He was worried and went to check on her..The guy got mad and pulled a gun and made him leave..The next day he took her to the police and had her file charges on my son for stalking. There was no restrainimg order. All it is a jealous guy making his gf file charges.

outonbail

My son was not stalking her. He did move on with his life. Her current boyfriend hit her and she ran to my son and told him she was wrong for leaving him and wants him back. She spent the whole day at my house in his bedroom watching movies. The next day no one knew where she was and he found out she was at that guys house. He was worried and went to check on her.
He wasn't worried, he was mad, jealous and acting on his emotions. Going over to her new boyfriend's home was a bad idea. Why did the new boyfriend have to pull a gun on him to get him to leave, was he refusing up to that point or threatening the new guy?
If he was truly worried about this little charmer's well being, he should have contacted the police and asked them to check on her welfare.
The guy got mad and pulled a gun and made him leave..The next day he took her to the police and had her file charges on my son for stalking. There was no restraining order. All it is a jealous guy making his gf file charges.
I have a hard time believing that the DA would file stalking charges on your son for going to "check up on her" one time. Has he been calling, texting and/or E-mailing this girl constantly?

If he was at the new boyfriends house making a scene the new boyfriend could have made his own report or asked the courts for a restraining order to keep your son at bay. So I'm not so sure he had to drag the little princess down to the police station to have her file charges.

Anyway, if your son hasn't been contacting this girl in any way aside from the one visit to the new boyfriends house, I don't see how the DA can expect to win a conviction for stalking charges.

Stalking requires more than one check up on the ex girlfriend.

Lets hope your son now realizes this little hussy is bad news and doesn't allow her in his room, home or life ever again.

robinlarry

happened to me

I also was the victim of a false stalking claim. She had threatened a friend of mine so I filed a complaint. She retaliated two days later with a series of ridiculous lies about me to the police. When I requested an attorney be present for questioning, the cop cursed at me for "lawyering up" and arrested me. Eventually everything was expunged but this woman continues to harass me at work and although I've complained to the police, they have only paid lip service to my complaints. Lesson here: there are a lot of sick individuals out there. If you are male, don't ever expect to be treated fairly-particularly if you work at a public institution. Document everything. If a woman tries to unload on you with her problems - as this one did constantly to me - walk away fast. You aren't a shrink. You aren't a counselor. This person is ill and you are going to get burned. Notify your supervisor about everything that the person has said and done if you suspect she might be mentally unbalanced. There is no playing nice and being the good guy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">