• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Statement to Obtain Arrest Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgalyean

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My husband and neighbor got into a VERBAL altercation in which I videoed and called the police (2 county and 1 state officer arrived). Our neighbor went to the magistrate the next day and made up a COMPLETELY FALSE account of the incident and my husband was arrested for malicious wounding (a class 6 felony). We have incurred legal fees of $500.00 so far subject to change. This is the second time he has filed false charges on someone in the neighborhood, the last when in court he asked to dismiss the charges.

My questions are: What action can be taken for filing false charges? How does this process work? The magistrate told us that as long as he would come and swear under oath they would have to issue a warrant. Is ths correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">