• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false statement that a possible child abduction was in progress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeys20032003

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?california i was set up by some freak i pissed off on the internet and a detective that said that there was a possible child abduction taking place and attempted lewd acts i was talking to women online at bout 1230 am on a thursday night when i was asked to go meet this one . i wasnt paying attention or some but they stated somewhere tey were 13 i was never in chat rooms and diid yahoo search criterias that made it i thought impossible for this to happen and i archived everything well i went to the store where we were supposed to meet at bout 100am i went in the store bought mike hard lemonade and condoms and left .down the street bout 2miles i was pulled over in a felony arrest manner .guns and cops everywhere.i seriously had no idea at first then it hit me ..well i beleive the only way they could arrest me was because they were investigating possible child abduction otherwise there wasnt enough evidence to arrest me .this all took place within a two to three hour time frame did the police falsly arrest me .there was never a sexuall solicitation in the text message they asked to meet and the age was mentioned 1 time and in fact there was not lewd acts or molestation involed in that 3 pg.text so what would be procedure for investigating a possible child molestation over the internet compared to a possible child abduction in progress

CdwJava

mikeys20032003 said:
well i beleive the only way they could arrest me was because they were investigating possible child abduction otherwise there wasnt enough evidence to arrest me .this all took place within a two to three hour time frame did the police falsly arrest me .there was never a sexuall solicitation in the text message they asked to meet and the age was mentioned 1 time and in fact there was not lewd acts or molestation involed in that 3 pg.text so what would be procedure for investigating a possible child molestation over the internet compared to a possible child abduction in progress
It sounds like they believed they had sufficient probable cause to warrant an arrest ... from what you write, the information was - essentially - that you knowingly solicited a 13-year-old for (apparently) illicit purposes and then bought condoms and alcohol.

What specific crimes were you charged with? Please provide the statute numbers and NOT just the titles you were given.

- Carl

mikeys20032003

i was on a messenger doing my search criteria's at 1230 am in a member directory

california i was not in a chat room as stated i didnot ask to as stated i did not have any reason to beleive they were under 18 considering my search criteria was for 18 to 25 year old females online now in a adult area of yahoo member directory ..i was arrested after the so called victim contacted me and d asked me to meet them at a 7-11.affidavit stated as follows "the suspect had on/ this date/ contacted using a internet chatroom and made arrangments to meet at a 7=11 ,states i contacted the victim while she was using a internet chatroom talking to freinds ,then states that victim became concerned bout the conversation and contacted her father which he started the conversation again in which he states that they confirmed i knew the age and that during this chatroom conversation the victim arranged the meeting .cops arrested me on lies and false statements and made no attempt to investigate before hand .this all took place in less then two hours at 130 am on a thursday night ..tell me would you let your 13 year old on line on a adult related instant messenger at 1230 am on a thursday night ?for starters no one ive asked said they would .matter fact they laughed at the statements as in theres no way i would consider letting my 13 year old online at 1230am .

Just Blue

mikeys20032003 said:
i wasnt paying attention or some but they stated somewhere tey were 13 i was never in chat rooms and diid yahoo search criterias that made it i thought impossible for this to happen and i archived everything well i went to the store where we were supposed to meet at bout 100am i went in the store bought mike hard lemonade and condoms and left.

So what were you planning on doing with the booze, condoms and 13 year old??
You are guilty...you will go to prison....you will get to be Big Bubba's new girlfriend....btw...bring lots of pink undies.....bubba just loves his girls in pink! ;)

rmet4nzkx

You need to stop drinking, your posts are very confusing and the facts are not clear.
Please post the exact citations as Carl asked, the numbers of the CA PC that were violated.
What date did this occur?
Did you actually meet the girl and take her in your car?
Was the fact that she was 13 stored from your messenger text?
Did you not read it or assume that because you have your yahoo profile on the adults only membership, that only adults can contact you.
Have you thought of putting yourself on invisable?
Did you realize that anyone who has your yahoo ID can contact you, they aren't necessiarly only from the adults only group?

What is the other charge you are facing and when was your court date?
Did your PD give you instructions for behavior while out on bail?

Did you miss your court date because you were in jail?

rmet4nzkx

mikeys20032003 said:
penal code numbers they are 664/288(a) and 647.3-6

664. Every person who attempts to commit any crime, but fails, or
is prevented or intercepted in its perpetration, shall be punished
where no provision is made by law for the punishment of those
attempts, as follows:
(a) If the crime attempted is punishable by imprisonment in the
state prison, the person guilty of the attempt shall be punished by
imprisonment in the state prison for one-half the term of
imprisonment prescribed upon a conviction of the offense attempted.
However, if the crime attempted is willful, deliberate, and
premeditated murder, as defined in Section 189, the person guilty of
that attempt shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison
for life with the possibility of parole. If the crime attempted is
any other one in which the maximum sentence is life imprisonment or
death, the person guilty of the attempt shall be punished by
imprisonment in the state prison for five, seven, or nine years. The
additional term provided in this section for attempted willful,
deliberate, and premeditated murder shall not be imposed unless the
fact that the attempted murder was willful, deliberate, and
premeditated is charged in the accusatory pleading and admitted or
found to be true by the trier of fact.
(b) If the crime attempted is punishable by imprisonment in a
county jail, the person guilty of the attempt shall be punished by
imprisonment in a county jail for a term not exceeding one-half the
term of imprisonment prescribed upon a conviction of the offense
attempted.
(c) If the offense so attempted is punishable by a fine, the
offender convicted of that attempt shall be punished by a fine not
exceeding one-half the largest fine which may be imposed upon a
conviction of the offense attempted.
(d) If a crime is divided into degrees, an attempt to commit the
crime may be of any of those degrees, and the punishment for the
attempt shall be determined as provided by this section.
(e) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), if attempted murder is
committed upon a peace officer or firefighter, as those terms are
defined in paragraphs (7) and (9) of subdivision (a) of Section
190.2, and the person who commits the offense knows or reasonably
should know that the victim is such a peace officer or firefighter
engaged in the performance of his or her duties, the person guilty of
the attempt shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison
for life with the possibility of parole.
This subdivision shall apply if it is proven that a direct but
ineffectual act was committed by one person toward killing another
human being and the person committing the act harbored express malice
aforethought, namely, a specific intent to unlawfully kill another
human being. The Legislature finds and declares that this paragraph
is declaratory of existing law.
(f) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), if the elements of
subdivision (e) are proven in an attempted murder and it is also
proven that the attempted murder was willful, deliberate,
premeditated, and admitted or found to be true by the trier of fact,
the person guilty of the attempt shall be punished by imprisonment in
the state prison for 15 years to life. Article 2.5 (commencing with
Section 2930) of Chapter 7 of Title 1 of Part 3 shall not apply to
reduce this minimum term of 15 years in state prison, and the person
shall not be released prior to serving 15 years' confinement.

288. (a) Any person who willfully and lewdly commits any lewd or
lascivious act, including any of the acts constituting other crimes
provided for in Part 1, upon or with the body, or any part or member
thereof, of a child who is under the age of 14 years, with the intent
of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust, passions, or
sexual desires of that person or the child, is guilty of a felony and
shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for three,
six, or eight years.
(b) (1) Any person who commits an act described in subdivision (a)
by use of force, violence, duress, menace, or fear of immediate and
unlawful bodily injury on the victim or another person, is guilty of
a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison
for three, six, or eight years.
(2) Any person who is a caretaker and commits an act described in
subdivision (a) upon a dependent person by use of force, violence,
duress, menace, or fear of immediate and unlawful bodily injury on
the victim or another person, with the intent described in
subdivision (a), is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by
imprisonment in the state prison for three, six, or eight years.
(c) (1) Any person who commits an act described in subdivision (a)
with the intent described in that subdivision, and the victim is a
child of 14 or 15 years, and that person is at least 10 years older
than the child, is guilty of a public offense and shall be punished
by imprisonment in the state prison for one, two, or three years, or
by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year. In
determining whether the person is at least 10 years older than the
child, the difference in age shall be measured from the birth date of
the person to the birth date of the child.
(2) Any person who is a caretaker and commits an act described in
subdivision (a) upon a dependent person, with the intent described in
subdivision (a), is guilty of a public offense and shall be punished
by imprisonment in the state prison for one, two, or three years, or
by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year.
(d) In any arrest or prosecution under this section or Section

647.6. (a) Every person who annoys or molests any child under the
age of 18 shall be punished by a fine not exceeding one thousand
dollars ($1,000), by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one
year, or by both the fine and imprisonment.
(b) Every person who violates this section after having entered,
without consent, an inhabited dwelling house, or trailer coach as
defined in Section 635 of the Vehicle Code, or the inhabited portion
of any other building, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state
prison, or in a county jail not exceeding one year.
(c) (1) Every person who violates this section shall be punished
upon the second and each subsequent conviction by imprisonment in the
state prison.
(2) Every person who violates this section after a previous felony
conviction under Section 261, 264.1, 269, 285, 286, 288a, 288.5, or
289, any of which involved a minor under the age of 16 years, or a
previous felony conviction under this section, a conviction under
Section 288, or a felony conviction under Section 311.4 involving a
minor under the age of 14 years shall be punished by imprisonment in
the state prison for two, four, or six years.
(d) (1) In any case in which a person is convicted of violating
this section and probation is granted, the court shall require
counseling as a condition of probation, unless the court makes a
written statement in the court record, that counseling would be
inappropriate or ineffective.
(2) In any case in which a person is convicted of violating this
section, and as a condition of probation, the court prohibits the
defendant from having contact with the victim, the court order
prohibiting contact shall not be modified except upon the request of
the victim and a finding by the court that the modification is in the
best interest of the victim. As used in this paragraph, "contact
with the victim" includes all physical contact, being in the presence
of the victim, communication by any means, any communication by a
third party acting on behalf of the defendant, and any gifts.

mikeys20032003

rmet4nzkx said:
You need to stop drinking, your posts are very confusing and the facts are not clear.
Please post the exact citations as Carl asked, the numbers of the CA PC that were violated.
What date did this occur?
Did you actually meet the girl and take her in your car?
Was the fact that she was 13 stored from your messenger text?
Did you not read it or assume that because you have your yahoo profile on the adults only membership, that only adults can contact you.
Have you thought of putting yourself on invisable?
Did you realize that anyone who has your yahoo ID can contact you, they aren't necessiarly only from the adults only group?

What is the other charge you are facing and when was your court date?
Did your PD give you instructions for behavior while out on bail?

Did you miss your court date because you were in jail?
im new on this. i dont drink.try and be a proffessional instead of some immature aggravator now the pc numbers are as follows 647.3-6 and 664/288(a) the date was 04/08/04 ...no i never met anyone in person. yes it was archived they said they were 13 one time in the text message. yes i wasnt paying attention to what was said and i was talking to several women at one time and have talked to over 80000 women and yes i assumed i was in a adult area of yahoo i sure the hell wasnt in no chat room and when you sign up for messenger your signing stating your 18 or over .and the warrant was held for missing the coudt apperance untill my next apperance where the judge is requesting that i repost bail of 40000 again or go back to jail it was allmost 100 am i never thought i was talking to a 13 year old and if i would have seen a 13 yearold at the store i wouldve probably called police myself

rmet4nzkx

So this is the same case from last year not the other day and you missed one of your court dates.
Well if you were not so busy trying to chat with 80000 women you might have made your court date.
You have a serious problem.
You better call your PD.

When you buy M&Ms don't eat the green ones! :D

mikeys20032003

man how can i get a fair trial when people are such morons i swear

rmet4nzkx said:
So this is the same case from last year not the other day and you missed one of your court dates.
Well if you were not so busy trying to chat with 80000 women you might have made your court date.
You have a serious problem.
You better call your PD.

When you buy M&Ms don't eat the green ones! :D
it comes down to the fact i was not in a chatroom i was not positive of the age and i was not in possesion of a 13 year old i never made lewd acts or molest anyone i never even seen anyone let alone attempt to commit a crime against them

Happy Trails

mikeys20032003 said:
it comes down to the fact i was not in a chatroom i was not positive of the age and i was not in possesion of a 13 year old i never made lewd acts or molest anyone i never even seen anyone let alone attempt to commit a crime against them

As Carl said, they believe they have sufficient evidence.

You need to hire an attorney, so he/she can find out what all the evidence is.

mikeys20032003

Happy Trails said:
As Carl said, they believe they have sufficient evidence.

You need to hire an attorney, so he/she can find out what all the evidence is.
like i said there was no evidence except for this one individuals statements and hey look at the facts do you really beleive i would knowingly go top meet a 13 year old knowing all the stings all the hype thats related to the net and kids and i would give a discription of my car my cell number and my real name andf go directly there without no precaution whatsoever come on get real

CdwJava

mikeys20032003 said:
like i said there was no evidence except for this one individuals statements and hey look at the facts do you really beleive i would knowingly go top meet a 13 year old knowing all the stings all the hype thats related to the net and kids and i would give a discription of my car my cell number and my real name andf go directly there without no precaution whatsoever come on get real
You are facing some VERY SERIOUS felony offenses ... 664/288 is a very, very big deal! It's time to stop trying to find someone to agree with you on a legal forum, and hire an ace attorney!

No one here can possibly give you an idea of a defense as we don't know what the police know. I CAN tell you that they wouldn't pop you for simply saying "Let's get together" if there was NO indication that you knew or should have had some idea of the age of the person you were meeting. And with the purchase of condoms and booze you really kinda nailed their suspicions and the intent portion of the offense ... provided they can show that you had an idea of the age of the subject you were intending to meet.

Hire an attorney.

- Carl

mikeys20032003

hey thanks for a professional reply

CdwJava said:
You are facing some VERY SERIOUS felony offenses ... 664/288 is a very, very big deal! It's time to stop trying to find someone to agree with you on a legal forum, and hire an ace attorney!

No one here can possibly give you an idea of a defense as we don't know what the police know. I CAN tell you that they wouldn't pop you for simply saying "Let's get together" if there was NO indication that you knew or should have had some idea of the age of the person you were meeting. And with the purchase of condoms and booze you really kinda nailed their suspicions and the intent portion of the offense ... provided they can show that you had an idea of the age of the subject you were intending to meet.

Hire an attorney.

- Carl
ya but at 8000 dollars after i allready dished out 4ooo im at abarrier im trying to get over im gunna prove im innocent im just not excactly sure how with out my hard drive or archives its been over a year and im just now going to a prelimanry hearing after 10 or more confrences ive been to

CdwJava

mikeys20032003 said:
ya but at 8000 dollars after i allready dished out 4ooo im at abarrier im trying to get over im gunna prove im innocent im just not excactly sure how with out my hard drive or archives its been over a year and im just now going to a prelimanry hearing after 10 or more confrences ive been to
You don't have to PROVE your innocence - the state has to prove your guilt. If there was no indication of age in the content of the messages you sent or received, or in the nature of the board (chatting on a board called "Junior High Students" might be sufficient to show knowledge of age), then the state will have ahard time proving the age element of the offense.

Your attorney is in the bst position to evaluate your defense based upon the information the state has presented. When you go to the Preliminary Hearing you will have a much better idea of the case as that will be where they are going to present their 'case in chief'.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">